Install Tips for Dish 500 with 625 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glovelis

Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Oklahoma
This should be easy for some of you. We just moved into our new home and I have one coaxial line ran to each room (8 total). I still have one dish and one reciever (500 and 625). What is the easiest way to get programming to four rooms? DVR is preferable in only two rooms. I have heard that I can get programming to four rooms with one receiver but I haven't been able to find wiring diagrams. I don't mind buying another 625 if needed, but would prefer just one dish. Also, is there an easy way to mount the dish on a pole so that I dont have to mount on the roof? Thanks in Advance.

As long as you have existing service your easiest way would be to just set up a Dish Mover. It's free (or $15 I can't remember if they changed it, but you'll spend more than that in materials trying to do it yourself anyway). You can run four TVs off your 625, but remember three of them will only be able to watch the same programming at the same time. IE TV1 watches channel 105. TV2,3,& 4 all watch channel 106.

As long as you have existing service your easiest way would be to just set up a Dish Mover. It's free (or $15 I can't remember if they changed it, but you'll spend more than that in materials trying to do it yourself anyway). You can run four TVs off your 625, but remember three of them will only be able to watch the same programming at the same time. IE TV1 watches channel 105. TV2,3,& 4 all watch channel 106.
Not really the best answer if TV1 is on 105 TV2 can be on any other channel you subscribe to. TV1 outputs on ch 3/4 so it can be combined with TV2 (ch60?) amplified and split to TVs 2/3 & 4. In other words TV #4 could select either ch 3 or ch60 so they have a choice of either TV1 or TV2 to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts