Install Today--No HR44 for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barco13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Kansas City Metro
Install seems to be going well; however, I was told the installer does not have the HR44. I'm in Kansas City. A little disappointed but there are real problems in the world and this isn't one of them :) Looking forward to having this up and running.

I don't get why everyone wants the HR-44, my HR-34 has been flawless for 7 months straight, what are people getting with the 44 over the 34???
Well, in my defense :) I am sure I will be happy with the 34; however, most people would equate newer, faster processor, etc.... with better.

I don't get why everyone wants the HR-44, my HR-34 has been flawless for 7 months straight, what are people getting with the 44 over the 34???

I don't have one(I'm still in the HR24,HR23,HR22,H25,H24 stone age),but the HR44 is supposed to be like the H25,with the power source for HR44 provided by an external "brick" powercord. That makes it easier to install out of sight & it takes up less space. For people with limited places to put a receiver/DVR,that makes the HR44 a winner. Someone with better knowlege can either expound or correct what I'm saying,but the HR44 can(as far as I know) connect to your router wirelessly without need of an adapter,and,in regards to DECA......(this is where I might need correction) connect to your satellite signal wirelessly(?).

I don't have one(I'm still in the HR24,HR23,HR22,H25,H24 stone age),but the HR44 is supposed to be like the H25,with the power source for HR44 provided by an external "brick" powercord. That makes it easier to install out of sight & it takes up less space. For people with limited places to put a receiver/DVR,that makes the HR44 a winner. Someone with better knowlege can either expound or correct what I'm saying,but the HR44 can(as far as I know) connect to your router wirelessly without need of an adapter,and,in regards to DECA......(this is where I might need correction) connect to your satellite signal wirelessly(?).

I think your right on this, except, I don't believe the connection to the Sat Signal is wireless.

Once again, someone correct us, as I'm only going by what I remember reading and I don't have one either.

I think your right on this, except, I don't believe the connection to the Sat Signal is wireless.

Once again, someone correct us, as I'm only going by what I remember reading and I don't have one either.

Nope, still needs a line ran to it :)

It's the C41 Mini-Client that can receive the signal from the HR44 wirelessly though versus the C31,right?

No, it's still wired. A wireless version is thought to be coming some time in the future..

So for now it's only the HR44 that's wireless to the network?

So for now it's only the HR44 that's wireless to the network?

Yup, up to this point. The C41's are able to do it but haven't been, for a better word, "unleashed" yet. So until then, still wired. We was told ONLY use wireless when a wire isn't capable

fine print says something about only viewing one remote location at a time, doubt that fits into very many plans

I got the HR44 and one C41 installed last weekend. So far so good. I was told by the installer that the C41 would be wireless in the future but not yet. I wonder if it will be a wireless usb device of some kind. Would be nice to take the tv outside in the summer. Haven't had an issue either device yet.

What's your zip code? I'm curious as to whether you are in one of the test markets or not.

Since Green Bay isn't a test market, and we have one other report of an HR44 installed outside of the test markets, it would seem that it's in national release, although maybe not available everywhere yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts