Install Today--No HR44 for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since Green Bay isn't a test market, and we have one other report of an HR44 installed outside of the test markets, it would seem that it's in national release, although maybe not available everywhere yet.

We was told it was set to go national beginning mid to end of April. Sounds like its on track

The first installer showed up with an HR34 and C31. I told them I didn't want that and when I placed the order through Directv, I told them to make sure I was getting the HR44 and C41. According to the first installer, they had to get rid of the HR34s before they could mass deploy the new HR44s. I talked with a supervisor at the install company and he said that there was one installer that had the new ones on his truck as a test. He said he could have him install the new ones for me that day. I agreed to it of course and the rest is history.

Again,since I don't have the genie system,it seems to me that the only difference between the HR34 & the HR44 is that the HR44 is more convienent for placing in areas with limited space. To me it just seems like the difference between the H24 & H25 receivers. A question by me,since the HR44 has more in common with the H25,do you need an antenna adapter for the HR44 remote to work RF like with the H25?

Again,since I don't have the genie system,it seems to me that the only difference between the HR34 & the HR44 is that the HR44 is more convienent for placing in areas with limited space. To me it just seems like the difference between the H24 & H25 receivers. A question by me,since the HR44 has more in common with the H25,do you need an antenna adapter for the HR44 remote to work RF like with the H25?

Doesn't the HR44 connect to the home wireless connection without the bridge adapter with the wireless built into the receiver as well? My HR34 seems to be pretty laggy to me but maybe it is just busy updating. When I scroll through guide and let off remote it scrolls for another few seconds. Based on other reviews it would seem the 44 is very fast. Also, the 44 has optical audio out as well as coax. Maybe a complaint for some people.

No, the RF antenna is built in. Speed and the wireless Internet connection is the main differences internally.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

OK,for those of you who already have the HR44,let's REALLY split hairs,do you have the HR44-500(Humax) or the HR44-700(Pace)? There's not supposed to be any difference between the two,just different manufacturers.

I have the HR44-500 and the c41-700. One thing I have to say is that client does respond to remote control presses a bit slower than if you were on the server side.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I came back to D* about a month ago and have the HR34. I don’t have a problem signing a new 2-year deal if I can get a HR44. What is the D* policy when they come out with new equipment? Am I going to have to wait another year to get a HR44?

I came back to D* about a month ago and have the HR34. I don’t have a problem signing a new 2-year deal if I can get a HR44. What is the D* policy when they come out with new equipment? Am I going to have to wait another year to get a HR44?

More than likely, yes. You can always set up a service call and hope the tech has a 44 on his truck and just explain you'd like to have the 44 instead of the 34. I've had several customers tell me they'd rather have something else and if I'm able to I take care of them.

The C41W has just been announced, but it's not available, and I doubt any of the installers have it yet. Today's installations are the C41 which is not wireless.

The C41W has just been announced, but it's not available, and I doubt any of the installers have it yet. Today's installations are the C41 which is not wireless.

No techs have them. We've already went through a small amount of info and training on then and had one to scope out but not activated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts