Install today!

tropez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I just got a call from the dish installer. I'm the second call of the morning, so he will be here in a few hours. He said that this was going to be his first hopper install so we would be learning together.

If he needs help remember we are always here!

Remind him NOT to plug the Joey's into the MoCA line until after the Hopper has downloaded its software and is at its activation screen! :)

If he needs help remember we are always here!

Remind him NOT to plug the Joey's into the MoCA line until after the Hopper has downloaded its software and is at its activation screen! :)

Scott,

So it is not enough to just wait to plug in power to the Joeys? You need to actually not connect the coax until the Hoppers are done? That is not what the training video shows for "homes that are pre-wired."

Bob

My install is scheduled for this afternoon. Should be fairly simple. 1 Hopper, 1 Joey. My only concern is that my oldest HD set, the Sony 65", is DVI and component, no HDMI. It works with the Cox HDMI port using a DVI adapter, so I'm hoping it will work with Dish.

My install is scheduled for this afternoon. Should be fairly simple. 1 Hopper, 1 Joey. My only concern is that my oldest HD set, the Sony 65", is DVI and component, no HDMI. It works with the Cox HDMI port using a DVI adapter, so I'm hoping it will work with Dish.

It should, you just have to use the red white audio cable along with the DVI to HDMI adapter.

Well, it's 11:20, another installer just showed up. The installer I talked to earlier is still at the other site, they are going to do this install together. This tech actually went to Hopper training.

Install proceeding a bit slowly, the dish, hopper, and joey's (2) are installed, we're waiting for the hopper to config itself. We've been looking at a "Aquiring sattelite signal." screen for some time now, like 20+ minutes. This is the second time we've waited at this screen for some time now, the first time we sat at "Aquiring sattelite signal." for about 20 minutes, then the screen wen't black, we rebooted. Now we're about 20 minutes in again.

The Hopper has HDMI and component out.

Install proceeding a bit slowly, the dish, hopper, and joey's (2) are installed, we're waiting for the hopper to config itself. We've been looking at a "Aquiring sattelite signal." screen for some time now, like 20+ minutes. This is the second time we've waited at this screen for some time now, the first time we sat at "Aquiring sattelite signal." for about 20 minutes, then the screen wen't black, we rebooted. Now we're about 20 minutes in again.

You say you have "installed" the Joeys, but are still not finished with the Hopper configuration. I think you are about to "brick" your Joeys. Everyone states that the Hopper(s) must be fully operating with TV programming even before connecting the Joeys to the MOCA . Be careful.

read scott's review-- if PTAT is turned off, we will have 4 tuners just like my 2 dvr Cox setup I have now, correct?

If you have one Hopper, with PTAT turned off you have 3 tuners. If you have two Hoppers, with PTAT turned off both, you have 6 tuners.

All done. 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys, techs arrived at 11:20, just left at 2:50, took them a while since this was the first one. Nice guys. Now it's time to configure my remotes for my devices and configure my DLNA server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)