Install today!

Four hours and two technicians later, the install is done. 1 Hopper to my 65" using component, 1 Joey to my LCD 40" using HDMI. The Joey gave them some problems downloading software, until one of them discovered that the cable was connected to the wrong port on the solo node. Oh, and they had to do a factory reset on the Hopper. But everything works now, so it's just a learning curve to figure out the remote and the DVR functions.

They put up a new dish (I'm back as a new sub) using a sofet mount, something I hadn't seen before. Doesn't look particulary sturdy to me. I hope it won't bend, or flex and lose the signal on windy days.

My install was Friday and the first hopper didn't have the channel logos and I thought that was odd. Then the Joey wouldn't activate. So he called his boss. They tried a 2nd Joey and it was the same issue. Then he tried 4 more joeys and still no luck. Finally after that they realized the hopper was the issue. So they replaced the hopper with a new one. New one booted up with pink colors . So he and another tech deactivated it and finally after the 3rd hopper installed, the channel logos appeared, the Joey activated perfect. The issue was the hopper has an activation # needed so the hopper can communicate that to the Joey. 5 hours and 3 techs later I was installed. All 3 guys worked directly for dish so they took care of me.

Tech came back later and stayed for 7 1/2 hours. Most of the time was getting software to download. When he left most all was working. I'll be researching here to fill in the blanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts