Install tommorrow, EA?

j25a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2005
After going back and forth for about two months and spending hours reading on this site whether to keep Comcast or jump the ship to D* or E* I finally ordered TurboHD Gold! My install is tomorrow and I am in the Minneapolis DMA (zipcode:54022) The way that I am reading things about Eastern Arc, if the installer is following directions I should be getting an EA install. If this installer comes tomorrow and will only do a Western Arc install should I cancel the install and try again or does it really not matter? I want a one satellite solution and I have read bad things about the 129 sat. Anybody have any advice for me.

Thanks for the insight. I guess my main question is this: Is it worth the hassle of possibly cancelling this install to get an Eastern Arc dish setup or doesn't it really matter? My concern is the 129 sat and not wanting want a second dish to point at 61.5.

The Installer will need to look for LOS, granted some customers are pretty smart and can figure it out, but in any case the Installer will need to confirm the LOS for either WA or EA, dont just asume you have LOS, thats where alot of people make misstakes. LOs is more or less a south western part. for WA and for EA more of a south eastern part. this is why the CSC asks " Do you have a clear view of the southern sky" More detail they should get into, but what they really mean is for east to west in the southern area.

j25a- dont cancel anything, if the installer is doing his job right , he can cancel the EA w/o and have CSC add the WA code to the w/o, which will set you up for the WA install. grants of course you have LOS.
One fot the first things a Installer should do is always check for LOS. He or she should come to the door, " good morning or afternoon. I am so an so from whatever I am here to install for you today, but before we get start would you like to follow me around. and look for line of site.

maybe not in that format but something to that detail.
any upgrade I go to I look before I even talk to anyone, unless the dish is behind a gate with a big scary man eating dog. then i got inside. lol

but installs can be painless to both installs and customers, be less picky and most installer will do a great job, unless you happen to get one that doesnt care, which "warning" there are some out there.

just the other day I had one install a 4 room, hd install for WA 1000.2, I found 2 places where to put the dish, one being the hardest of the 2 installs and which would have me running more cable, " I would have had to run all 4 rooms, RG-59 cable in home, installers shouldnt be using this. the second of which would have had me using less cable and the install would have nearly been unseen as far as the cable goes. but the customer wanted her husband to be there , he in her words" very picky" but she liked the second install idea.

in the end we resch the job for this coming weekend, I spent 2 hours explaining to her and her son what I need to do and and how I could do it,
I always confirm everything with a customer before, unless the customer says" i dont care, your the yech not me, just make it look good" then I will do my best to make the job go easy for us both.
Less picky in the business means better installs. for the most part.

My concern is the 129 sat and not wanting want a second dish to point at 61.

I'm in Duluth and have 1 dish (1000.2). Reception on the 129 sat has been decent this summer. Haven't had many problems with lost signal, except during storms.

In a few months the 129 issue, will be a thing of the past. From what I hear, In Febuary 2009 alot of things will be changing at E* for the better. Let's keep the HD Dream Alive !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts