install vip622 bad switch

mardebo

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Ok, I am going to attempt to make this as simple a question as possible. I currently have a vip 622 reciever on a HD TV and it was sending a SD signal to another TV. I replaced the SD with a HD TV and got another 622 from dish. When I run the check switch it goes to to step 1 of 38 (too many, I know) and gets to 38 and gives me the error code saying the switch isn't working properly. The original 622 still works fine and I even tried using that input to the new one and got the same code. Do I have bad connections in the line to the new box? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

That would be my first guess. It is not detecting a switch so the cable or connectors are bad some where.

I hope you're not plugging the 622 into the old cable that fed your SD television. You DO have one cable running from each receiver straight out to the dish, right?

nope, new feeds. I even tried disconnecting the line feeding the existing 622 and plugging into the new one and got the same message.

Replaced a couple old crimp on connections w/ compression and everything looks good to go. Thanks for the help everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)