Installation and Wiring questions

Thanks for all the help guys! Everything went really smooth. Found the sattilite in just a couple minutes. Signal strength on 119 is around 80. Should I try and fine tune it more? The programing seems perfect so what would I be gaining by getting a 100+ signal strength? Only issue so far is I'm not getting any of my local channels? CBS, NBC, ABC? Any ideas before I call Dish about it?

Thanks

Only issue so far is I'm not getting any of my local channels? CBS, NBC, ABC? Any ideas before I call Dish about it?
According to your ZIP code, you would be getting the Marquette locals that are only on 61.5W so it would appear that you chose to install the wrong dish or you're pointing it at the wrong satellites.

DISH Customer Service isn't prepared to help you with a failed self-install. So-called "Professional Installations" have been the order of the day for many years now so they don't have the expertise to bail you out.

According to your ZIP code, you would be getting the Marquette locals that are only on 61.5W so it would appear that you chose to install the wrong dish or you're pointing it at the wrong satellites.

DISH Customer Service isn't prepared to help you with a failed self-install. So-called "Professional Installations" have been the order of the day for many years now so they don't have the expertise to bail you out.

SD locals are on 129 Just call and tell them to turn your locals on.

Im pretty sure you could just turn your 1000.2 to the east (change skew) and point it at 61.5 and 72.2. The third eye will show up as not reaching sat but it should work. Unless something has changed the 77 sat is only used for some markets and if your locals are on 61.5 you should be good to go.
Just my 2 cents.
Miner

Chances are pretty good that either your skew is off, your mast isn't plumb or you don't have line-of-sight (or all three).

The 1000.2 is not optimal for the Eastern Arc as Miner clearly stated. It may work, but you'll probably have some reception issues in inclement weather depending on how you split the difference.

The angle between 61.5W and 72.7W in your area is 13.8 degrees. The spacing between 110W and 119W is only 10.5 degrees.

How do I aim at more than one sat with just one RG6 cable ran to the 1000.2? Can the 1000.2 dish be used for the 61.5 sat?
Absent an external switch (DPP44), the DISHPro+ LNB (marked dpPlus) puts all three slots on a single cable. If it has been refitted with a DISHPro LNB, you're in for even more suffering.

Let me add that one should run a check switch before connecting the LNB at the start of looking for satellites. The next step is to connect the single coax cable to the left most connection on the LNB (ports looking at you). The third step is to cover the outer "eyes" of the LNB w/ foil. Then aim the dish, and after peaking to 119, uncover the "eyes" and run the check switch.
If you do try swinging over to eastern arc, run all the steps the American except peak (and aim) at the 72.7 sat.
Miner

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When I cover up my outside eyeballs I lose signal with the sat and no matter how I move it I cant get anything about 0 signal strength. If I leave them uncovered I can pick up EchoStar 119 West with ease. Also, which transponder should I have selected? My signal strength changes with transponder.

Thanks guys

When I cover up my outside eyeballs I lose signal with the sat and no matter how I move it I cant get anything about 0 signal strength. If I leave them uncovered I can pick up EchoStar 119 West with ease. Also, which transponder should I have selected? My signal strength changes with transponder.

Thanks guys

In your check switch matrix, which slot is 119 on?

In my matrix 119 in in the middle. I ran a check switch test and I am Transmitting OK from 129 and 119 but not 110. I used to have all three. Any idea of how to get 110 back?
?

I think your dish is aimed too far to the west (9ish degrees) and the dish is looking at 119, 129, 139. Confirm this by covering the outer eyes w/ foil and you should only receive 129. Then move the dish over 9 degrees (and lower the elevation, I think).
Be very patient when moving the dish. I have noticed the receiver is slow to recognize changes to the dish aim.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A properly peaked dish to the western arc should look like this.

ForumRunner_20130915_232417.png

If 119 is in 1st position and 129 is in second position your dish is pointed to the right to far by 1 orbital (bout 10 degrees). Need to swing that Guy to your left a bit (while behind the dish). I know that's the system info screen and not matrix screen, but its the best I could find right now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts