Installation Appt. Reschedualed for 622..

I thought there's some type of laws in place stating CC can't be charged until the product ships? This is policy for most of the online retailers I deal with.

dont24 said:
I thought there's some type of laws in place stating CC can't be charged until the product ships? This is policy for most of the online retailers I deal with.
Please check my post #17. this is a credit to your account.

dont24 said:

I checked my CC account online, and it was put into some type of charge that hasn't been fully charged. It looks like it is a hold of some type...its not charged but it is there reducing the amount of available credit. I'm not sure if its being charged interest, but I doubt it.

Ordered 622 & Plat HD on Feb 1st @ 10AM/EST
$1.00 temp auth on AMEX, no charge posted (yet)
$299.00 credit posted to Dish account
Medal Plat HD billing began Feb 1st-I have an activated 211
---credit posted to Dish account 1/2mo for removed AEP, DishHD, & Voom
Scheduled for 2/21-no call back (yet)
$25/ea credit for returned 301's (2)

So who has had a call to reschedule?

So after getting my upgrade done on the 1st and an install date of next Saturday... The local installer called me to say they cannot install until later in the month due to lack of VIP622's I am in the Detroit area. This is starting to piss me off becuase I already paid them 299.00

Called and reset install for 622 for end of month. I'm sure I will get another call to push into March! They said this is Dish Corporate and we have an issue with availabity on the 622.

Last edited:
If you placed the order now but cannot get install until April would you then be eligible for the $200 rebate....or do you have to wait to place the order after 4/1. Multiple CSR's didn't have a clue.

OK Dish, I've ranted a letter off to the executive office with no response, and I'm going to say what others have already said:

ALLOW US TO SEE THE FU*#^& NEW HD CHANNELS NOW WITH OUR EXISTING EQUIPMENT!!!!

angiodan said:
OK Dish, I've ranted a letter off to the executive office with no response, and I'm going to say what others have already said:

ALLOW US TO SEE THE FU*#^& NEW HD CHANNELS NOW WITH OUR EXISTING EQUIPMENT!!!!

I'll sure second that! Not sure what the reason for NOT letting us see them could possibly be, especially in light of the supply problems.

Back OT. I have a 2/22 install and it has not been rescheduled as of today. I would guess someone has to be getting their installs that week :) .

And if that week is really the first week the 622 is available, I think it makes sense just to reschedule the people who were set up for installs earlier in the month and push them later, rather than try to reschedule everyone. Why piss off your entire customer base? Although... I am ready for anything at this point.

OK, now I am set for 2/13 instead of 2/6. Let's see how long this will last...

Have had 211 for a couple of weeks - no problems at all. BTW- no HDMI problems-yet!

Called 2/2 and upgraded to metal Silver pak, (5 more voom and 2 HD's). Looking at 110/119/61.5 Scheduled for 3/5 install of 622. They are allowing me to keep the 211 along with the 622 (I send back a 301) for 2nd HDTV monitor I'll be getting next week.

Beleive me, you are NOT missing anything with the new voom channels. Absolutely Nothing!

We'll see what happens next.

philhu said:
Mine was 2/10

Just got 'the call'

Mine was moved to April 7TH

And they will no longer ship it, the installer will bring it.

I am ready to just buy one (I am on the waiting list at dishdepot), and cancell the install and just activate it. Then I don't need bronze pkg, Just the hd channels, etc, no lease fee

Tell me, with the move to after April 1st, did Dish tell you you'd now be eligible for the $200 rebate or did you have to ask them?:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)