Installation help needed.

Asdad3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Six months ago I had the Dish pro 311 installed. I have since put in a Dish 811 receiver in it's place and deactivated the 311. Now, I want to put in a 2nd Dish 811 receiver in another room. How do I go about this?

I have a Dish 500 system with four wires coming out of it, does this mean it is a quad or twin? When I check my current connection it states that I have two satellite connections (110, 119) but the device section states a twin, like the below example:

Input Input
1 2

Satellite Satellite
119 110

Device Device
Twin Twin

What do I need to do to install a 2nd receiver in another room? Do I need to buy any other connections or adapters? Any help would be much appreciated!

Mark

Just run a cable off the LNBF (you have a twin, which is what you need) to the room you need it in, hook up your receiver, and enjoy.

Thanks for the response. Are you talking about connecting the cable off the satellite to the cable of the room? Not running one continuous line from satellite to room, correct? Also, does it matter which of the remaining three cables I choose from the satellite?

Yes, one cable from dish to room, and no, it doesn't matter which connection off of the LNBF.

Welcome to satelliteguys!

Make the connection on the LNBF not to a cable hanging off the dish. Your switch test says you have a TWIN that means two outputs so you must have unconnected cables coming out of the dish if you have four cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)