Installation Information for the Uninformed

ricco1999

Jun 5, 2006
I have a very old Dish receiver (pre DISH 311) in a spare bedroom. There is a TV in the room next door (common wall) that I would like to hook to the old receiver. I know that a cable splitter will not work, so what are my options? (Because the TV in the room next door would only be used a handful of times a year, I wanted to get it done on the cheap.)

Actually you can split the signal off of one cable..You just can't use but one of these receivers at a time. A splitter will not interfere as long as there is nothing hooked up to one or the other outputs..

Not the best way to do anything but it can work.. But your best solution would be to run another cable from the dish.

Edit: Be aware that some of the older type receivers may not work with certain dish/lnb/switch combos

I tried to use a splitter, but the TV in the other room would not work (running a line directly to the other TV works fine).

Most cheap splitters will pass power both outputs. But again remember what I actually said.. You can only have one of the ports connected at any given time. So you would need to disconnect one of the cables from the two receivers at all times to watch the other.. The minute you plug them both to cables you will start to get all kind of errors..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts