Installation moved up to tomorrow!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Calvin&Hobbes

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
My installation got moved up to tomorrow which is exciting. The not exciting part is the installer didn't sound too confident. Which leads to these questions:

1. I'm in Albuquerque, NM. Will my dish be facing east or southeast? I've got someone with dish next to me and there sat faces southeast, is that the direction my sat would face?

2. Does the antenna need direct line of sight? I was able to get all but one of my locals with a crappy indoor antenna which I don't think did. The antennas are all in the same direction to the east on the sandia mountains about maybe 3000 feet above me.

So maybe no week of voom afterall :(

Also the installer said 61.5 is the name, that it was actually, I don't remember but somewhere the in the 100s for the degree.

He didn't make me real confident to say the least...

I am surprised that they are still installing these things. No surprised that they moved your install date up considering the latest news about Voom most likely getting shut down because of Dish buying them out if the FCC approves it.

Others on here from your area (you might want to check the In Your Area forum) should be able to help you with the direction of the sat antenna although I'd guess ESE (but I'm guessing from Seattle).

The sat antenna does need a direct line of sight but the OTA needs a general line of sight. If you're already getting all but one of your OTAs "with a crappy indoor antenna" you are likely to get all of them with the outdoor antenna. We did.

Yes, the sat is at 61.5 degrees longitude in the same place as the Dish sat although it is a different sat (unfortunately, about to become the 2nd Dish sat in this position).

Good luck with the install!

Still watching HDTV under lightly raining Seattle skies, Gill

Well the installer who called me last night to move up the appointment did not show up this morning.

Oh well, looks like dish network it is. A free hd reciever, free dual room dual tuner dvr for the two bedrooms, no commitment, and free installation is too hard to pass up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)