Tomorrow or Bust!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
OK, tomorrow (Weds) we go for install attempt #4 or #5.

The weather forecast is good, the roof is dry, the date has been confirmed.

If it does not happen tomorrow I think I shall give up on the whole idea. For me the last straw happened today when I contacted Voom about getting the current promotion since I have yet to be installed and have wasted 3 half days at home. The CSR told me that they would give me the current offer (which adds two months premium services and a subscription to Sound & Vision) BUT ... I would then have to pay $400 for the install instead of $1.

I am really concerned that from a customer service perspective that VOOM has its head up its a**.

Anyway, come tomorrow I will either have VOOM or will be going back to cable.

Good luck! I've been reading your posts for way to long now-something has to go right for you.

Yep, still snug and dry while watching HDTV in Seattle, Gill

Try for a different CSR

I know the last thing you probably want to do right now is talk to another CSR, but it might be worth a try. The reason why I say that is because I am in a similar situation to yours (although tomorrow will only be my install attempt #2). I called Voom today to try and get the "new" promotion and the CSR I spoke with put me on hold and came back with a "No" response. Then he tried again with a different supervisor and came back with a "yes" and added the 2 free months of upgrade to my account. I think it just depends on which CSR you get and how willing they are to try and help you out. Anyway, good luck with your install tomorrow... you'll need it as much as I will. Maybe we'll both have "the perfect install" stories to tell after tomorrow... I know, I'm not holding my breath either. :rolleyes:

kikojax said:
(snip)...Anyway, good luck with your install tomorrow... you'll need it as much as I will. Maybe we'll both have "the perfect install" stories to tell after tomorrow... I know, I'm not holding my breath either. :rolleyes:
I'm holding my breath for both you and Amphicar770 !! Good luck, and please let us know how it works out. My fingers are crossed for you! :D Vicki

I believe Voom should give you a credit off your service since you have to wait so long. I would ask for at least two months for free. I would call Voom and ask to speak to a manager after you get it installed.

Good Luck!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)