Installation of dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
I have a used 10 feet dia dish that I was given. Now for installation. I have the actuator and arm , but my problem is when I install the concrete base what is needed for anchoring the dish? I see a threaded bolt on the assembly that must be 3/4 inch. Is there a already made up part for the installation on what ever is needed in the concrete? thanks

I'm having a hard time discerning what you are trying to ask.

When you do as dfergie suggests (although I'd say that for a 10' dish, I've mostly seen 3.5" - 4" diameter poles), you normally have something welded near the bottom end of the pipe or a hole drilled through and a large couple of bolts mounted. This is so that the concrete will form around this object protruding from the pole and prevent the pole from spinning around under large wind loads.

Another polar mount scenario include a concrete slab with a square peice of steel laying flat on the surface and bolted to the contrete. This steel piece is either welded to the bottom of the pole, or is fabricated with a sleeve that the dish's pole is slid down into and bolted into.

There is no means to fasten to a pole that is installed in the concrete. This is where I am having my problem. There is about a 3/4 or such long bolt that will pivot but I do not have the means of fastening to a concrete flat plate or a pipe. Perhaps this will give additional information, if not please state such and I will try to give better information I have copied all the other information for studying on the installation. thanks

This is really confusing? Do you have a plumb metal pole installed in concrete?
Do you wish to install a dish on that pole and are having trouble figuring out how to attach it to the pole? You mention "concrete flat plate" can you expand on what that is?

I have not started my concrete as I am unable to figure all the connection to the dish ring. It has been suggested on the size pipe in concrete and a flat metal plate attached to the concrete but I am unable to figure the connection to the dish as I have a lot of missing parts. I was in contact with a guy from Gulfport general area but I lost the information that I obtained here. I have been unable to locate everything I obtained here in the past. I feel my age is hindering me. I have contacted a few peopele that I located information that they were in this business, but I have not found anyone to help on the installation of the dish. For lack of knowledge I am stopped and not progressing because I do not want to mess things up. I am unable to move off of dead center. I do appreciate everyones help.

A pic of what you have would be a HUGE help here.

Does any of this look familiar?

Attachments

• shortpole003.jpg
    shortpole003.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 227
  • winegard006.jpg
    winegard006.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 206
Ok, you are missing some parts, thats makes it pretty tough. Is there a name on the dish anywhere? If there was we might be able to find a picture of the mount on the net somewhere so you would know what it should look like with all the parts.

Dish Installation

I should get my camera back Wednesday and I will attempt to get pictures that will state more than words. thanks

The information on the dish frame is Superior Amenna Manufacturing Inc.
I have tried to find this manufacturer on the internet with no success. I also have a telephone number 501 268 4787 which I thought I would try Monday and see if it is in service?

The information on the dish frame is Superior Amenna Manufacturing Inc.
I have tried to find this manufacturer on the internet with no success. I also have a telephone number 501 268 4787 which I thought I would try Monday and see if it is in service?

Not sure which search engine you used but Google returns hundreds of pages.

Try:
www.samidish.com/

Harold

I am reding all information and I thank all of you. I feel like I can put a handle on the parts I have missing. again thanks to all amd I will keep you informed.;)

Due to the information you all have provided, I have located the manufacturer for my dish. I will send pictures and descriptions of what I need and they will be able to help me. Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)