Installation Options (Generally) for Three Story Condo Building

I bought a new 2 story home in 1995.
I hired a phone installer I know to install a 4 line key telephone system, Network cabling to 9 locations, upstairs and down. We had at least 6 Jacks at each location except the file server which had more. We installed about 1,200 feet of Cat 5E cable. I must have put in some coax to because I installed my first Direct TV system there.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If it were me, I'd try to find an existing dish that already has wires running into the building where everything terminates, and then use existing cables that run into your apartment. That is, as long as the cable is good, and you're not already using it for internet.

The problem with that is that without a separate dish if something happens to the other setup, you then create a service call for the other customer.

It’s like when I sold a job for Endevor Airlines at LaGuardia airport.

My idiot installer was supposed to install a separate Dish, but instead just installed a 2 way splitter on the roof next to the Dish for Delta airlines. Then kept the Dish I sent him for the job.

So Delta moves their office in the terminal and disconnects their Directv and at the same time takes the power inserter.

So now I get endeavor air calling me saying they have no service.

So can’t get ahold of my idiot installer, ended up getting a $69 ticket on spirit air and shipped a box of parts not knowing what the issue was.

Ended up flipping the SWM splitter and adding a new power inserter.

Flew back to Detroit the sane day on another $69 Spirit special.

$140 in airfare and a wasted day. Still way cheaper then what another dealer was going to charge me to fix it.

The problem with that is that without a separate dish if something happens to the other setup, you then create a service call for the other customer.

It’s like when I sold a job for Endevor Airlines at LaGuardia airport.

My idiot installer was supposed to install a separate Dish, but instead just installed a 2 way splitter on the roof next to the Dish for Delta airlines. Then kept the Dish I sent him for the job.

So Delta moves their office in the terminal and disconnects their Directv and at the same time takes the power inserter.

So now I get endeavor air calling me saying they have no service.

So can’t get ahold of my idiot installer, ended up getting a $69 ticket on spirit air and shipped a box of parts not knowing what the issue was.

Ended up flipping the SWM splitter and adding a new power inserter.

Flew back to Detroit the sane day on another $69 Spirit special.

$140 in airfare and a wasted day. Still way cheaper then what another dealer was going to charge me to fix it.

Surprised you didn't blame Dish and Charlie for you flying Spirit Airlines! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)