Installation Postponed

Cynthia Blue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
My husband stayed home this morning for our scheduled installation from 8-12. I called to verify at 11am to make sure... and they did have us scheduled, according to their voice message. (we are upgrading to HD and the 622.)

Well.. 12:30 still no one, so my husband called. They had to postpone installation until the 12th. :( At least they could have called earlier to let us know!

You know, I've never had great response to the local dish network installers. Just another frustration to add to the pile. Another reason each year I consider switching to DTV... haven't yet. Hrmph.

I don't suppose theres anyone I can complain to...

Thanks Poke, I sent a polite email off and hope we can get something going. I'll let you know.

No Problem! Let me know if you hear anything if not there another address we can try. :)

:(
I already received a response to the email. Hopefully we'll get it sooner... though of course taking time off work for either me or the husband is not an easy thing to do. I might be able to work from home but we'll see, the boss is reall picky about that.

Ooo just got a call, they are going to come out later today! You guys are the best. I'm going to jet home now so I can be there when they come out, my work day is over in 30 mins anyway. :)

I had my Dish service installed on Saturday morning and I understand that I got squeezed in but he didn't ground anything, he didn't install it the way I wanted it and my 129 location is at a 58 signal level. He didn't have the right tools, I had to tell him when the sats had a good signal as he had a cheap $10 sat finder. It only took like 45 minutes because I just had DirecTV but it could've been done in half the time and it would've been done nicer. He had the "I'm hot sh*t" attitude and didn't seem to care about his work. However, I plan on redoing everything and relocating all my drops to a closet instead of outside under the eave. This was also not an "official' install because I didn't sign anything when he left and I activated everything on my own.

Yes, my 61.5 was installed well into the night for an a.m. appointment, IIRC. Very late arrival.

Dish does schedule their contractors on a very aggressive, almost impossible schedule. As if every install will be easy and go perfectly. So they have a hard time staying on it and it gives the installers (and E*) a bad rep.

Dish does schedule their contractors on a very aggressive, almost impossible schedule. As if every install will be easy and go perfectly. So they have a hard time staying on it and it gives the installers (and E*) a bad rep.

DirecTV does the same thing. So do the cable companies. I used to work for the local cable co as an installer. I'd work overtime almost every day.

My installer said he'd never squeeze in an a.m. appointment because of run-overs. He'd gladly guarantee a p.m. because it is less grief on the customer end and he could/would stay late to get them installed even if it ran into the night.

That is a bummer they schedule so many. I kinda had a feeling about that. :( Well, it's 3:45 pm here, will be dark quite soon I hope they don't have to do it in the dark.

Woo hoo he's just done! Thanks again for the help, I'm sure glad we didn't have to wait an extra week!

For sure. :) I'm now watching and it's all great.
'Course I'm already annoyed that I don't have guide info on the local channels.. :) I'll see if I can live with that. :p