Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RawisTheGameHhH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Southside of Chicago, IL
I have DirecTV coming out this Saturday for installation. I am getting 2 hd dvr receivers and understand that you need 2 lines running to each receiver; currently I only have 1 line running into each room; will the installer run the second line to both rooms during installation? Thanks in advance.

I have DirecTV coming out this Saturday for installation. I am getting 2 hd dvr receivers and understand that you need 2 lines running to each receiver; currently I only have 1 line running into each room; will the installer run the second line to both rooms during installation? Thanks in advance.

he installer should run the lines from the dish to each receiver. The DRV 's require 2 lines and he is required to install those lines. The installer may or may not require a WB68 Zinwell switch. If you only have 4 lines most likely he will only run the 2 additonal lines. Wall fishing is not included and will be charged.

Make sure that you are satisfied with the installation and satellite signal strenghts on both tuners.

From what you said:

No Multiswitch
4 lines from the dish to each receiver, in groups of two.
2 of the lines can connect to the two existing prewired lines near the ground rod / electric meter area.

Running the other two lines will be where the fun begins.

It is more complicated than that.

Joe

From what you said:

No Multiswitch
4 lines from the dish to each receiver, in groups of two.
2 of the lines can connect to the two existing prewired lines near the ground rod / electric meter area.

Running the other two lines will be where the fun begins.

It is more complicated than that.

Joe

but DTV will run the other 2 lines?

but DTV will run the other 2 lines?

Yes,

The basic install will allow surface runs...outside your house to a place where the tech can drill a wall, enter an attic, basement or crawl space to drill the floor.

The cable can be hidden by vinyl siding but you are looking at four cables from the dish to a ground point and two runs to your two recorders.

The dish may end up on a pole and that will be extra. As will digging in the lines.

Joe

Yes,

The basic install will allow surface runs...outside your house to a place where the tech can drill a wall, enter an attic, basement or crawl space to drill the floor.

The cable can be hidden by vinyl siding but you are looking at four cables from the dish to a ground point and two runs to your two recorders.

The dish may end up on a pole and that will be extra. As will digging in the lines.

Joe

Thanks; we have the spot for the dish all figured out already.

Both the HR20 and HR21 have VOD capability. They must be networked to a router to enable this feature. So far to my knowledge the techs are not yet required to do this as part of the install/upgrade.

As for the 2nd lines, the installer is required to run the additional lines to each reciever. So long as they are NOT ran inside a wall, (ran in the basement/crawlspace and drilled up through the floor; drilled through the outside wall) there is no charge. If you should want them fished inside a wall to a wallplate there is an additional fee to do that, per wall. It varies contractor to contractor. We usually charge $60 for wallfishing.

pole mount will only charge if its a customer request, if thats the only option for line of sight, then its free, and I believe no matter what after 30 ft you have to pay like 3 bucks a foot or something, thats how it was when i was doing installs in oklahoma

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)