Installation questions about the DSR 530 PLEASE HELP!!

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I am trying to install a 75E dish with a DSR 530.
I have never installed a *C system before.
I would like to make sure everything is working before having it authorised.

Main Question ......
I have a wonderful strength for Anik FR2, 84. But, how can you tell if you are getting any signal from 111.1????

I tried covering the sat A side of the LNB, but there was no signal on the meter.

Last edited:
Jumbo Dumbo said:
ch 299 is F1R
ch 298 is F2
The elliptical dish must be aimed at F2 (111.1)
I have already installed the dish using channlel 299. I tried to repoint the dish while putting foil over the sat A., but I could not find a signal on the on screen signal meter.

Using Mike Kohl's webpage, I found the look angle for my area. I was able to get a signal from Sat A., but, it would appear, I am not getting any signal from 111.1

I can't channel tune to 298 at all.
Did I mess up when I originally tuned the signal for channel 299?
Which is sat A and B?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sat A is F1R

Is your unit authorized yet? If not get it authorized.
After authorization, other F2 channels to check - any PPV in the 230s; 420 (NFL Network) and 559 (ETWN)

Satellite Expert said:
Sat A is F1R

Is your unit authorized yet? If not get it authorized.
After authorization, other F2 channels to check - any PPV in the 230s; 420 (NFL Network) and 559 (ETWN)
No... I was hoping that I would be able to verify that I was getting sat 111.1 before having it authorized. If, for some strange reason, I am not able to get 111.1, I do not want to keep Star Choice.

Do the 111.1 channels not show up until the receiver has been authorized?

Last edited:
you can tune to 299 and 298 while not authorized, both are barker channels, just one in english (299) and one in french (298)

perhaps your reciever hasnt downloaded the proper channel map yet?

if you tune to channel 298 (it should let you do it either way) does the antenna led on the front turn red? or does it stay green?

once you are on 298, you should look at your signal strength then in the menu.. as at that point, you will be looking at F1

ultatryon said:
you can tune to 299 and 298 while not authorized, both are barker channels, just one in english (299) and one in french (298)

perhaps your reciever hasnt downloaded the proper channel map yet?

if you tune to channel 298 (it should let you do it either way) does the antenna led on the front turn red? or does it stay green?

once you are on 298, you should look at your signal strength then in the menu.. as at that point, you will be looking at F1

It will not tune to channel 298 at all.

I am afraid that, just like the Dish Network receivers, the channels do not map on the receiver unless a signal is received from the proper satellite.

In was wondering if there was any way to force the meter to switch to 111.1? Maybe by putting in the EMM code for 111.1???

The provider code is the same on both satellites..

The channel map is on both satellites, and they are the same. perhaps the downloaded map is corrupted?

I would try a master reset of the box, and have it download the channel map again.

ultatryon said:
The provider code is the same on both satellites..

The channel map is on both satellites, and they are the same. perhaps the downloaded map is corrupted?

I would try a master reset of the box, and have it download the channel map again.
OK...so how would I do a master reset???.......OK I found that on another forum....The receiver, after rebooting itself, came back on channel 299, not 284, it will not go to 284 or 298.

Would the channel map change after being authorized???

Last edited:
miguelaqui said:
..OK I found that on another forum....The receiver, after rebooting itself, came back on channel 299, not 284, it will not go to 284 or 298.

If you did a reboot from the reboot screen, you have erased all the settings and channel maps. It will only tune 299. The unit will have to authorized by SC before the channel maps and additional software will be downloaded.

While the download is occuring, do not touch anything until it is completed.

As for receiving F2 in the south - if you can receive F1R you can get F2 unless there is something physically blocking the 111.1 signal. If you get Dish/DTV signals @110, you should be okay.

Satellite Expert said:
If you did a reboot from the reboot screen, you have erased all the settings and channel maps. It will only tune 299. The unit will have to authorized by SC before the channel maps and additional software will be downloaded.
While the download is occuring, do not touch anything until it is completed.
As for receiving F2 in the south - if you can receive F1R you can get F2 unless there is something physically blocking the 111.1 signal. If you get Dish/DTV signals @110, you should be okay.

Thanks...I thought that *C would be like E*; the software download would occur right after the signal was tuned in. I also thought that channel 298 would come in, if there was a signal from 111.1.