Installation Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
I'm thinking of switching from Dish Network to Directv and have a few questions.

1) In terms of a quality installation, whould it be better to order directly from directv (phone or internet), AT&T, or a local satellite dish company that installs both dish network and directv?

2) How well does the Whole Home DVR service work? I haven't seen it in action.
Has anyone had any installation problems?

3) Does the HR24 receiver allow you to record 1 channel while watching another on the same TV?

4) How is the best way to make sure you will get the latest receivers when the installer comes for installation?

Thanks

My install is set for this weekend but I thought I'd tell you what I did to give me a better idea about the equipment. I contacted a local dealer that will do.account setup.and install. The Guy is the person that will be coming out to my place. I talked to him about the receivers and he ensured me that ill get hr24s and h24s. We also talked about location of cables and my router for the decades.

After talking with this Guy I feel real comfortable about my scheduled install. He knew exactly what he was talking about and offered some good suggestions.

I'm thinking of switching from Dish Network to Directv and have a few questions.

1) In terms of a quality installation, whould it be better to order directly from directv (phone or internet), AT&T, or a local satellite dish company that installs both dish network and directv?

2) How well does the Whole Home DVR service work? I haven't seen it in action.
Has anyone had any installation problems?

3) Does the HR24 receiver allow you to record 1 channel while watching another on the same TV?

4) How is the best way to make sure you will get the latest receivers when the installer comes for installation?

Thanks
1) Depends on your needs. If you want to bundle your phone and TV and/or internet with ATT and Direct, then it is better to go through ATT. If you want to select specific equipment, then it is better to go through a local dealer as DirecTV cannot guarantee you a specific model of DVR/Receiver. If you want to negotiate deals, then it may be better to go directly through Direct

3) Yes. All of their DVRs do this

4) Go through a local dealer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)