Installation questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't blame you a bit for being upset. You know, I was thinking about your situation today, and how if you were a customer in my area, how different things would be. The only thing I can come up with is that since you mentioned you live in the Bay area, I would imagine that the cost of living is high and the techs probably have tons of work to pick through. I suppose that DirecTV has a set amount that they pay for each job whether it is my small town or your Bay area. If I had to live in the "bay area" on my pay, I'd be having a tough go of it!

I get 2 to 3 jobs a day and often call in to try to find another install to do. In your area, they are probably swamped and "cherry pick" based on the addresses. I agree with an earlier post that if a tech figured out you were in a condo and potentially had a time consuming and/or difficult install, it's probable that they would pass on your job for a much easier/more profitable one.

I have had DirecTV for several years and I absolutely love it, and so sorry to see you might miss out on it. Perhaps you received very good advice from wobie about getting a reputable retailer in your local area even though that would be a joke in my area.

Crap believe it or not, my dish just got covered with snow and had to go out and broom it off to get rid of "searching for satellite" ... hehehe ... had it for years and never had to do that!!! And especially not in OCTOBER!!!!!

So sorry again and good luck.

Eli, just out of curiousity, have you tried a local guy?? I would bet that if you did, they would even come out and do a site survey before signing you up. They may charge you a few dollars for it, but I am quessing DirecTV was going to charge you a $19.99 shippinh and handling fee anyway.

I did not try a local retailer since I had already bought the equipment elsewhere. I figured the basic install from a local company wouldn't be free if I didn't buy the equipment from the local guys as well.

Once I return the equipment to Best Buy I'll look into other options.

The one thing I am certain I will do is get a site survey though prior to buying any new equipment so I don't run into the same return policy issues I was risking having with Best Buy.

You may want to put a post on here about trying to find someone local. Though if you do I am sure you will get plenty of referrals for Value Electronics. You could try them, I beleive they are out of New York, but they may have a local installer that they could send for the site survey and install. Just try to stay away from shipping fees and other non-install related charges.

Well, I returned all the stuff to BestBuy and contacted Value Electronics.

Called 'em on Wednesday, watching DirecTV two days later.

Talk about putting the big boys to shame. I am in awe at the lack of basic customer service skills shown by DirecTV and IronWood.

Hell, when I called DirecTV to tell them that Ironwood cancelled their third appointment (yes, I gave them one more shot and they screwed up) they didn't even apologize for the crappy service their partner showed me.

They are lucky I want to watch Jets games or I'd have told them to shove it. Haha!

Anyway, kudos to VE for hooking me up in record time. I'm very pleased.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)