Installation Status Page Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

EGreg

Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Southern Cal
Hi I self installed the following setup:

SL3-SWM LNB to a SWM 4 way splitter. I have a D12 and an HR22 installed using single wires from the splitter and have a power inserter installed before the D12.

The D12 installed with no problems.

The signal strength is good on the HR22, on 101 the transponders are between 85-100, on the 99 it is 75-85 and on the 103 they are between 80-90.

After I called Directv and had my boxes activated the HR22 went to an 'Installation Status' screen and it had the three Sats listed 99/101/103 and two rows saying 'odd 13v' and 'even 18v'. there were 'x's on all the odds and the even for the 99 sat, and checks for the even 101 & 103.

Now I just pushed continue and finished the installation and all of the channels I have checked (over a hundred) in both HD and SD seem to work just fine, but I am wondering what the information on that screen means? Why did I get those errors and what do they signify?

Also is there a way to get back to that screen since I have tried doing a 'repeat satellite setup' and it completes just fine and never shows that screen again.

As I said my system seems to be working just fine at the moment but these errors worry me and I don't want there to be an unidentified problem or one that pops up later.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

i often get that somethines. when a new install is done, it sometimes will do that to me and all i do is Re-Test and then it would be fine. i dunno what causes it but it can be just a little glitch. should be fine if it keeps saying okay on the transponder odds/evens

however it does seem abit low signal if its hitting 85 or even 75.

should get the same signal strength as the 101. its either possible the tilt may be alittle bit off or signal is not pin pointed as good on the dish.

should be fine if it keeps saying okay on the transponder odds/evens

Thanks a bunch for the response, are the odd transponders literally just 1,3,5,etc and the evens 2,4,6, etc on each of the satellites or is there something more abstract than that? Also is that what that screen indicates, the odd (13v) row is just for the odd transponders and the 18v row is for the even transponders?

Finally what should I be looking for the lowest signal strength on a transponder?

Thanks a bunch for the response, are the odd transponders literally just 1,3,5,etc and the evens 2,4,6, etc on each of the satellites or is there something more abstract than that? Also is that what that screen indicates, the odd (13v) row is just for the odd transponders and the 18v row is for the even transponders?

Finally what should I be looking for the lowest signal strength on a transponder?

80 and up on the majority of them, you will find a few that are lower, ones trhat are not used by your area will also be low of nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)