Installation w/o phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spartan789

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 28, 2008
Is there still a need to have a phone line for the VOD stuff for D*? I am thinking of getting the service but I only have a cell phone.

Well, I guess my question is, are they going to charge me for not having a landline? I have internet, just no landline.

No, you will not be charged for not having a landline. I have had DirecTV for many years and have never had a land line connected. The land line is basicly for ordering ppv's. Internet is for VOD (Video On Demand) service and requires a cat5 connection to the reciever.

To clarify, you can still use Pay-per-view without a landline. However, rather than ordering the PPV by using your remote, you have to order at the DirecTV website OR call Customer Service.

Not a biggie.

To clarify, you can still use Pay-per-view without a landline. However, rather than ordering the PPV by using your remote, you have to order at the DirecTV website OR call Customer Service.

Not a biggie.

I haven't tried it, but supposedly with an internet connection (but no phone) you can still order with your remote. Most VOIP services work for a phone connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)