Installation went great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
Just wanted to brag about my new install yesterday. The tech was awesome. My appointment time was 12-4. He showed up at 1:30. He was able to use the coax runs from where I had E*. He did a SWM installation. After mounting the dish and connecting the boxes,he went over the remotes,downloading software updates,and the power inserter(never unplug it). All in all it was a great install. My hat goes off to him and all the techs on this message board.:)

A POSITIVE installation experience??? What is this world coming to? ;)

I was shocked he did a SWM installation. I never mentioned it when I was on the phone ordering the service. When he pulled the dish and LNB out I saw it was SWM.

A swm installation appears to be the norm now. I'm sure for the vast majority of customers the eight tuner limit with a swm lnb is sufficient.

Now I'm just trying to figure out the guide. I didn't have a chance to look at this morning cause I was running late for work. Yesterday the guide was saying "no info" on alot of the channels.

Now I'm just trying to figure out the guide. I didn't have a chance to look at this morning cause I was running late for work. Yesterday the guide was saying "no info" on alot of the channels.

Bristol & the entire dma is mpeg4, meaning everyone gets hd equipment regardless including slimeline dishes with mostly swm lnbs.

The guide should be populated today. It can take up to 24 hrs for it to fully populate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts