Installed my new vbox 7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Works great! Stops on ku every time. I am happy. The previous versions were awful.
It smells like hot plastic. But I am assuming that's normal.

Does it run warm?? The smell might just be left over mold release on the plastic parts.(??) Good to hear it works well.

I've been running two Vbox X controllers on my systems now for a while and they both work well. And did I mention that they cost about half of what a Gbox costs? ;)

I just got one a few days ago. Wont pass power to the LNB and both F connectors popped right out of the box. Hopefully the seller will stand good on it. DMS Int. brand

>>- - - both F connectors popped right out of the box.<<
Sounds like it was 'drop kicked' instead of drop shipped.
>>The odor smells like hot plastic in the transformer area<<
That doesn't sound/smell good. I'd be keeping an eye on it. Put a new battery in the smoke detector.

I just got one a few days ago. Wont pass power to the LNB and both F connectors popped right out of the box. Hopefully the seller will stand good on it. DMS Int. brand

Better hope that seller wasn't Leo mall or Mr Savings mall cuz if it was you're likely S. O. L.!

Aw crap

Mrsavings it was

Paypal resolution GO

wish I known that. Too bad there isnt a post of blacklisted ebay sellers

EDIT (again) what would be a good positioner that isnt cheap chinese junk?

Last edited:
Better hope that seller wasn't Leo mall or Mr Savings mall cuz if it was you're likely S. O. L.!

know this seller nice guy.
but he has trouble with DMS taking back parts and DMS telling buyers to go back to him totally sucks.
got a bad lnbf from Leo mall talked to him over the phone and he just sent me a new one did not even want the bad unit returned.
still buying from him since.
hope you get a working unit markbone100

Been using an old C band receiver to move it, but I have gotten spoiled with the motor setup on the Ku dish

Woe is me :(

I used an old analog c band box for years. It's dead now. I went the cheap route instead of hunting another analog c band receiver.

I bought from the online auction, but haven't received yet, a Research Concepts 1000A also known as RC1K. It's a commercial rack mount dish mover so it's sort of big, but it looks really cool. There is a still some information for it on their website. This model is discontinued but they have a DOS program that can be downloaded to move the dish via the serial port, and the manual for it can also be downloaded.

There are some RC1K's on auction now, but the price is too high, if you ask me. (200) Mine was considerably less. There are also some of their newer models listed, for a whole lot more. They are definitely commercial units and are priced accordingly.

These RC1K's are really just a heavy duty, stand alone version of the dish movers found on the old receivers, except they can't be operated by a remote control. They have a schematic on their website, so somebody (not me) might be able to repair one when it fails. I don't know if it would be practical to do that with an old receiver, except 4DTV receivers maybe.

They wouldn't be for everybody but I think it's going to be pretty cool if it works, which it is supposed to, and it might be something to look for if someone was interested. Mine was only 10 dollars, so they shouldn't be selling for a whole lot. I doubt that any commercial users would want one. They're the ones getting rid of them.

The only market there is for one now days are these strange people who call themselves SatelliteGuys. They think there is still something to watch on the old obsolete C band, with a hideous looking big ugly dish or two, or more, in their yards.

Last edited:
ut they have a DOS program that can be downloaded to move the dish via the serial port
Hmmmmm. wonder if someone, with the skills, could write a little prog to listen to diseqc and send the right commands to the DOS prog to send the commands to the RC1K and out to the actuator. Hmmmmm. Wish I had 'em. LOL.
Ahhhh
The only market there is for one now days are these strange people who call themselves SatelliteGuys. They think there is still something to watch on the old obsolete C band, with a hideous looking big ugly dish or two, or more, in their yards.
LOLx2

Hmmmmm. wonder if someone, with the skills, could write a little prog to listen to diseqc and send the right commands to the DOS prog to send the commands to the RC1K and out to the actuator. Hmmmmm. Wish I had 'em. LOL.
AhhhhLOLx2

LOL X3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts