installed today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgkelly66

Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
just got installed today.a hr22-100,a r22 dvr,and a d12.got swm 5 lnb dish.just want to say that i love the hr22.i had a 622 with dish network.the sd picture is better than dish.the hd is about the same picture quality.im glad i switched to direct.the installer said the r22 dvr will turn into an hd dvr when it grows up.that turned out great since it was free.thanks for all the help in this forum.it was a tough decision to make and im glad i switched.also all recievers were brand new.

Don't forget to hook those DVR's up to your home network so you can use DirecTV on Demand, DirecTV2PC and Media Share, along with any other new features that D* might have coming down the road.

And don't forget if you want ATSC OTA support to go to the D* web site and order the AM21 for $50 to add two ATSC tuners to your HR22.

Welcome to the D*, enjoy.

Don't forget to hook those DVR's up to your home network so you can use DirecTV on Demand, DirecTV2PC and Media Share, along with any other new features that D* might have coming down the road.

And don't forget if you want ATSC OTA support to go to the D* web site and order the AM21 for $50 to add two ATSC tuners to your HR22.

Welcome to the D*, enjoy.
What's the best way to do this without having to buy D* expensive wireless card?

What's the best way to do this without having to buy D* expensive wireless card?
the powerline adapters are a bit cheaper, the cheapest way would be if you can run an ethernet cable from your router if its close enough to the receiver

I made the switch today as well and LOVE IT!!! As aurora said, the powerlines are a great option, although, Direct offers them for $25 if your router is far away from your receiver. This is much cheaper than the $80+ they charge at circuit city or best buy.

r22 dvr will turn into an hd dvr when it grows up

Dont count on it, the fact that the R22 looks like your Hr22 is only so old 2nd dish markets can get their locals via HD feeds w/o using 2 dishes. D* will still want you to get a HRxx or Hxx if you want a 2nd HD box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)