installer came today what a mess!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I finally found installer to come out and install this bell system with 9241 receiver. what a mess. the owner told me he had installed bellexpressu systems before turns out they knew nothing. They installed the dish 500 system with two dishes. with the sw44 switch he then told me he didnt have the right signal meter to find the birds. i did give him the exact aimming as per my gps cordinates. he was able to find 91 but the signal is only 78% on transponder 11 he tried to tell me anything over 50 is good i think hes thinking of the dish network new signal meters i only see 1 to 100 on bell software. he couldnt find 82 and is coming back tommorrow.

I finally found installer to come out and install this bell system with 9241 receiver. what a mess. the owner told me he had installed bellexpressu systems before turns out they knew nothing.
oh nice....

They installed the dish 500 system with two dishes.
what do you mean? They used 2 dishes? What size dishes?

with the sw44 switch he then told me he didnt have the right signal meter to find the birds.
um, 82 & 91 are DBS just like 110,119,129,61.5 so the same meter should work

i did give him the exact aimming as per my gps cordinates. he was able to find 91 but the signal is only 78% on transponder 11 he tried to tell me anything over 50 is good
BUZZ wrong answer

i think hes thinking of the dish network new signal meters i only see 1 to 100 on bell software.
yeppers. Bell meters go up to 100 and aren't "neutered" like Dish meters are

he couldnt find 82 and is coming back tommorrow.

can I ask why you didnt do it yourself? Also I hope you didnt pay this joker much because someone like that isnt an installer in my book.

Wow, there are amateurs that would do a better job. if you are paying, I hope you don't pay until the job is done. good luck

Iceberg, He put two dish 500 dishes up that have dish 500 printed on them im guessing these are both 20 inches he told me 18 but i thought these only came in 20 inch sizes. I could have dont it myself i have all the tools but no signal meter plus my partner didnt want me going on the roof as i might damage it with holes LOL so i gave the joker the exact aimming points from my exact gps location very concerned at 82. i never should have gotten rid of the 20 inch dish we had previouly for bell a few years ago in favor of dish network..

Im not paying them until the job is completed i could have done a better job myself to all the great tips and feedback from this site. no way im standing for 78 percent on transponder 11 on 91 we got 100 pecent on our previous bell system on the same location.

You should only need 1 Dish 500. There is NO benefit to using 2 x Dish 500's.

Unless you are having all 4 lines (2 from each LNBF) run all the way back into the house, I would suggest he uses 2 x SW21's at the Dish to feed the 9241. If you have a 3rd Tuner, I would insist on all 4 lines into the house, that way the SW44 can be located indoors, making trouble shooting much easier, later.

Iceberg, He put two dish 500 dishes up that have dish 500 printed on them im guessing these are both 20 inches he told me 18 but i thought these only came in 20 inch sizes.
Dish500's only come as 20" (well 22x20). You can use a single LNB on a D500 but you should be able to get both 82 & 91 on that dish. You're far enough north

I could have dont it myself i have all the tools but no signal meter
I dont have a signal meter and I aim dishes all the time. The receiver signal meter works just as good.

plus my partner didnt want me going on the roof as i might damage it with holes LOL so i gave the joker the exact aimming points from my exact gps location very concerned at 82. i never should have gotten rid of the 20 inch dish we had previouly for bell a few years ago in favor of dish network..
82 isnt that far off form 91 so if he found 91 82 should be right there...just a little east

Im not paying them until the job is completed i could have done a better job myself to all the great tips and feedback from this site. no way im standing for 78 percent on transponder 11 on 91 we got 100 pecent on our previous bell system on the same location.
on 91 you should have near 100 on all transponders. If you use a D500 for both you might want to peak on 82 and take the few point loss you might have on 91 as a wash. When using one dish for both you have to compromise. If he wants to stay with 2 dishes then 91 should be maxed and 82 should be respectible

Wow, sounds like real incompetence to me.

Since Nimiq 4, I was forced to go to a 76 cm dish and have since relocated it twice to a different position on the house and also done my own modification of adding a 2nd dual LNBF to pull in 91 on the same dish. Without a signal meter of any kind apart from the signal strength screen on the 9242 and a compass, I have never spent longer than 3-5 minutes finding the signal. The 82 bird is not exactly strong here in Tennessee and if I as an amateur can find it quickly, it does not say much for the installer you have.

More of a mess SOS

thanks for all the replies. what a MESS... Here's the set up... two seperate dish 500 insalled on my roof.. He had a meter yesterday and maxed the signals at the dishes extremely high signals on both 91 and 82 here in east central pa. this is the issue.. He has 4 brand new lines running from the dual legacy lbnfs into the sw44 one line comes out of the sw44 into the house feeds the supply and is separated by a dishpro separator (previously from my dish 722) into the bell 9241 1 and 2 receivers. when running the switch check the box only regconizes sw21 switches and only showing receiver 1 errors on receiver 2 he played around for few hours with this using different swithes even one sw21 different errors every time switch check is running using different and same switches is this guy missing something. the box isnt bad he used our dish 722 gave the same errors on and no receiver 2 input.. im no expert on here please help !!! screwed. now both receives show errors. this real learning experience and the next time install MYSELF

since the installer decided to use Legacy equipment, you need two lines from the switch to the tuners

the separator only works with DishProPlus

but if he only has one SW21 then he would need the SW44
(and since the lines are already run he might as well use what he has)

thanks for all the replies. what a MESS... Here's the set up... two seperate dish 500 insalled on my roof.. He had a meter yesterday and maxed the signals at the dishes extremely high signals on both 91 and 82 here in east central pa. this is the issue.. He has 4 brand new lines running from the dual legacy lbnfs into the sw44 one line comes out of the sw44 into the house feeds the supply and is separated by a dishpro separator (previously from my dish 722) into the bell 9241 1 and 2 receivers. when running the switch check the box only regconizes sw21 switches and only showing receiver 1 errors on receiver 2 he played around for few hours with this using different swithes even one sw21 different errors every time switch check is running using different and same switches is this guy missing something. the box isnt bad he used our dish 722 gave the same errors on and no receiver 2 input.. im no expert on here please help !!! screwed. now both receives show errors. this real learning experience and the next time install MYSELF

Find a Recommended installer!

Did your signal improve by moving the dish?

Wow, sounds like real incompetence to me.

Since Nimiq 4, I was forced to go to a 76 cm dish and have since relocated it twice to a different position on the house and also done my own modification of adding a 2nd dual LNBF to pull in 91 on the same dish. Without a signal meter of any kind apart from the signal strength screen on the 9242 and a compass, I have never spent longer than 3-5 minutes finding the signal. The 82 bird is not exactly strong here in Tennessee and if I as an amateur can find it quickly, it does not say much for the installer you have.

Hey, did you move the dish for a better signal because of trees? If not for avoiding and obstruction, did moving the dish help?

Since you're getting high signals, I would do the following:

Take down one of the Dish 500's.
Put a DPP Twin ($38.99) in the other Dish 500.

This will let you only have one Dish on the roof, Not have to deal with any switches, and allow you to used a DPP Seperator and have a single line to the receiver.

systm installed and im disappointed on 82

ok the clowns have installed my system with a single dish 500 with dp lnbf into dp34 two lines into the house of couse nimiq 1 signals are all in the high 90s on a clear day very difficult time with 82 even here in east central pa.. damn signals in are the 40s and 50s theres no wobble here and i think he didnt peak so i need the 30 inch dish good thing is most of the hd channels work even in light rain and i have standard to fall back on for now. d guy from the same place is coming to put the other winguard 30 inch :) n.c turns out that employee who installed was let go creep

Dewin i would like to know who you are getting high 90s in york county since you are only about 90 miles sw of me could it be my dish isnt aimmed correctly.:D

If you were getting high readings when you had a separate dish for 82 and now are not with the single, the clown did not aim it right.

And they should have installed the DPP Twin with a single line and separator as mentioned above. They do not know what they are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)