Installer coming out on Monday. what should i be checking for?

cnaimo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Central Mass
I am new to DISH and have a new install for Monday

1 HD/DVR
2 HD

Getting VIP install not really sure what that means?

anything that i should be concerned about for the install?

thanks

Clear a space around TV and TV stand for the installer. If you have pets put them in a room or someplace so installer does not get bothered by them, even if your pets are friendly. Be sure to ask any questions you may have before he leaves. VIP is the name for the type of receivers the installer is putting in.

Have the (original) tv remotes ready your installer they may or may not need them
He (she) will need access to the area where all the cables come together (like in utility room, crawl space or outside wall of house).
If you have snow,shovel it. if you have dog crap in your yard ,pick it up.
If you have young kids keep them out of the way (remember the tv will be down during the install)
Pre dust where the receivers will go.
One more power outlet will be needed so have a power strip at the ready if all outlets are full
None of these things are a real big deal but it would be nice if all people (and you have)would think about such things.

Last edited:
On the install if your connections are outside make sure the technician makes drip loops so the wire doesnt direct water into any fittings or connectors so they wont get rusted out and cause you signal problems. if he drills to run wire make sure he uses silicone on the holes. If your getting your dish put on your house make sure he silicones the lag bolts for extra protection against leaks in your roof. Also make sure the installer uses the proper cords for hooking up your system, as in using the hdmi cable so you can receive full hd. Make sure he programs your remotes to your tvs so they will turn your volume up and down and turn your tv on and off. ask him for his cell # incase you have any problems. And lastly if your technician done a good job and hooked it up correctly as to your knowledge then give him a slight tip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)