installer grounding question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This has already been answered.

The answer to the question is, Ground to the house common ground. If you ground to a seperate ground it has to be bonded to the house common ground.

As for weather grounding is needed, the answer is an astounding yes! Does grounding cause signal interference in some cases? Yes, but! that only happens with an improperly grounded electrical system. The quick fix is to remove the ground, BUT it is not he correct or acceptable fix! The correct fix is to have an electrician correct the grounding issue.

Not grounding a system can cause equipment damage at minimum, DEATH at maximum. Not to mention that some employers will fire you if you're caught not grounding an installation.

You should read this post in the cold sober light of day and see if it makes sense. ;)

Thank you I have with out righting a book I have no other way of descibing a situation that is a short that a meter wont show! Its a fire waiting to happen....Now please by all means write it in a simplistic form as to one who would disconect a ground( safty) and walk away.

And if you would like to go into carbon, and the arching and why electrical fires happen well, I would guess it may take pages....

Hey AZ, how is it that you know SO MUCH about electrical and satellite systems, but so little about spelling?

You're very idealistic in your thoughts. I suppose all of your installs are grounded correctly without going over 200ft sat feet. Wow, I guess I should admire that because even in your state (assuming you're from AZ) there are still strange houses where grounding is just not a distinct possibility. I also assume 3/4 of your apartment installs are resched for no ground...

For many of us the realism of life has already kicked in and things aren't what we wish them to be. The houses don't adapt to safety standards.

Hey AZ, how is it that you know SO MUCH about electrical and satellite systems, but so little about spelling?

You're very idealistic in your thoughts. I suppose all of your installs are grounded correctly without going over 200ft sat feet. Wow, I guess I should admire that because even in your state (assuming you're from AZ) there are still strange houses where grounding is just not a distinct possibility. I also assume 3/4 of your apartment installs are resched for no ground...

For many of us the realism of life has already kicked in and things aren't what we wish them to be. The houses don't adapt to safety standards.

You do know spelling isnt a crime???? And you need to understand the NEC.....All of those questions are answered, and the easyest answer is all you have to do is over size any conducter to be within the NEC....Im not being a smart ass Im trying to save a life or two.....But hell if we throw care to the wind lets all remove all our grounds a GFCI's and any other protection cause surly this world is far from perfict hea?????

Actualy Im from a place that if cought doing inproper electrical work you would lose your licence....and no that is not podunk!

Status
Please reply by conversation.