211 multiple shutdowns

lacruz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Hi. I have a 211 receiver with an EHD attached. Several times per day now, the screen will go green and the receiver will reboot, taking about 5 minutes to get the picture back (after acquiring sat signal screen cycles) or restart a recording. This happens even when I'm not watching TV, as I will see 3-4 broken up recordings for a one hour show. Any ideas on a cause/solution? Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. EHD's have worked great with this unit since it became EHD compatible a couple of years ago. Today I unplugged the EHD. The unit is still acting up. Plugged into wall outlet. I tried two different outlets. I have had this unit since 2005.

If it's still acting up, it probably just needs to be replaced (which I can do for you)

If you send me your phone number or account number in a PM, I can get you the details. The good news is you won't lose anything on your EHD since it will work with the replacement without needing a reformat

OK, thanks for the info. Now the unit won't even turn on...appears completely dead. As far as my EHD recordings, does it matter if I replace my 211 with a 211k, or does it have to be another 211? Thanks..

OK, thanks for the info. Now the unit won't even turn on...appears completely dead. As far as my EHD recordings, does it matter if I replace my 211 with a 211k, or does it have to be another 211? Thanks..

Sorry to hear that it died on you. Equipment is always replaced with the same model if you call us and we send one out (except for obsolete/discontinued receivers). So you would get another 211, not 211k.

Sometimes when a tech comes out he replaces it with what's in his truck, so it may be a different model this way (we wouldn't send a tech for power failure at this point)

I will buy a replacement. My old one was owned. Will my EHD still work (old recordings be available) with a replacement 211k, or only another 211?

I will buy a replacement. My old one was owned. Will my EHD still work (old recordings be available) with a replacement 211k, or only another 211?

Yes, the recordings will still be available on the 211k

*EDIT* The EHD will be able to be transferred to any 211, 211k, or 411 on your account.

Even if the equipment is out of warranty, it still may be cheaper to get a replacement through us (have you got a quote?). If you have the service plan, a replacement would be free regardless of purchased/leased

Last edited:
YES!!!

Don't buy another one, Dish will replace the defective one purchased or leased.

Save some money, man - the receiver is still owned by you even after replacement.

Let Matt fix you up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts