Start watching an event while it is still recording.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Can someone explain my 722 inconsistent behavior?

When I start watching an event while it is still recording, sometimes the DVR starts at the beginning of the recording, which is what I would expect. However, sometimes it starts at the Live TV point and I you have to go back to the beginning of the recording.

The problem is I never know where I start, I always have to pause and check the recording pointer.

When you select a recording in progress, you should see about 5 buttons along the right hand side. I think the Watch (?) button starts viewing the recording in progress, while the Start Over button starts from the beginning.

Depends on the tuner recording. If watching on a different tuner than recording, it starts over. If watching on the same tuner, "view" takes you to live, "start over" starts over.

I think it's a TV1 TV2 thing. If you are watching the same tv as the recording, it will join the event live. If you are watching tv1 but recording on tv2, it will start from the beginning.

Edited to add: HDRoberts has it right and beat me to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)