installer here, need help!

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Installer is here. Says since I have internationals, I need a duo node, even though I'm just getting one hopper one joey. He only brought a single. Is this true?

goresnet said:
Installer is here. Says since I have internationals, I need a duo node, even though I'm just getting one hopper one joey. He only brought a single. Is this true?

Nonsense. Only reason for a duo node is two hoppers. I am a DNS tech

He said he can't tie in 110, 119, 129 and 118 on a single. And now he just left. Rescheduled for Wednesday. Ticked me off. I took today off.

What the installer needs is a 500plus dish with a DPP 500 plus lnbf with 129 bracket attached and fed into the input port on he lnbf. 2 lines to the node, done deal

Have a 44 switch now. He said not compatible. I have an old dish, with old lnb's. He's going to replace all that. But he didn't have that stuff in the truck either.

He mentioned the 500+. But still insisted on duo node.

How can I get him back out here? He said another installer had the new dish and lnbf nearby.

44 switch can be used but the power inserter has to be moved. Can be a pain.....he's def wrong about the node though

He had another installer nearby with a 500+ dish and new lnbf's. But I guess he didn't know what to do with them, as he insisted on the duo node. I'm trying to get him back, but he didn't leave a number. I have contacted DIRT. Don't know if they can help. I want this today!

goresnet said:
He had another installer nearby with a 500+ dish and new lnbf's. But I guess he didn't know what to do with them, as he insisted on the duo node. I'm trying to get him back, but he didn't leave a number. I have contacted DIRT. Don't know if they can help. I want this today!

Call the 800 number they will contact dispatch for your area

What the installer needs is a 500plus dish with a DPP 500 plus lnbf with 129 bracket attached and fed into the input port on he lnbf. 2 lines to the node, done deal

Called 800#. Technician is going to give me a call back. Hope I can get him back out here. He had access to the above equipment, so hopefully we can get this taken care of. Thanks nismo!

So you know, a 118 LNB wired to the input of a DPP LNB does work with the Hopper, that's my setup. Shows Dbnd 118 port 4 in check switch & system info.

Installer is probably pissed at me. Hasn't called back. I was on the phone with his dispatch (not on hold) when they called him on the radio and told him to call me.

I'm very upset. Now Wednesday will come around, my wife will be here by herself with two boys (3 and 1.5) and I bet he still won't know what to do.

edit: Ok, called Dish and rescheduled to Friday, when I'll be off work. Really upset about this, but at least this way if there are other problems, I'll have the weekend to figure them out.

Last edited:
rglore said:
So you know, a 118 LNB wired to the input of a DPP LNB does work with the Hopper, that's my setup. Shows Dbnd 118 port 4 in check switch & system info.

If he's getting a 500 plus with the dpp lnb, they would connect the 129 LNB to the input of the dpp LNB not the 118 sat.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Update:
Installer was here this morning. Brought a 500+ LNB and used my old 129 LNB. Wired that one into 500+. Two wires to single node, two wires inside house. Removed DPP44. Used all existing wiring. My house is Hopping now! I'm glad they sent an installer that knew what he was doing this time!

Obviously you want some one else besides THAT installer there. He obviously has no real knowledge to do the job, or he is lazy and just doesnt want to do it. Either way, if others are telling you yea a 44 switch will work without a dual node and only need a single he doesnt want to do the job. Which will only mean a crappy install anyways. I would definitely have some ine else in to so it.

Sorry this has happened to you.

A DPP 44 will work with the system, no dual node necessarry, the only issue, the 44 switch requires a dedicated line for the power inserter. The new dpp 500plus set up requires no switch so there for makes the system much more stream line.

You know now that I think of it maybe it would be better to have the new lnb instead of using the switch.

Read post directly above yours! :D
Update, please!?

Read post 2 above yours! :p Had different installer come this morning. Everything going great!
Obviously you want some one else besides THAT installer there. He obviously has no real knowledge to do the job, or he is lazy and just doesnt want to do it. Either way, if others are telling you yea a 44 switch will work without a dual node and only need a single he doesnt want to do the job. Which will only mean a crappy install anyways. I would definitely have some ine else in to so it.

Sorry this has happened to you.

A DPP 44 will work with the system, no dual node necessarry, the only issue, the 44 switch requires a dedicated line for the power inserter. The new dpp 500plus set up requires no switch so there for makes the system much more stream line.

You know now that I think of it maybe it would be better to have the new lnb instead of using the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts