Installer left the dish after upgrade

Mdvalenz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
We just did the DIU upgrade and got the 1000 dish to replace our 500. The installer took the things off the dish but left the dish in the yard. Is this usual? Is the dish now ours? Can we buy those things on the end and put it back up to pick up other sats? Is there anything else we can use the dish for? Thanks.

i leave them... unless the customer wants me to take it, in which case, we recycle them... i'm not going to use it on a new install or anything, so they just pileup at the office

If the customer has no use for an older dish, we throw 'em in the truck. They can always be used for wing dishes.

fred

Since they left it "in the yard", I presume it's pole-mounted and buried in the ground. I removed my old SuperDish and it was NOT a fun or easy job digging it out. I'm sure the tech had no time (or interest) to remove it. Did he say *anything* about it ? Like wait 'til spring and dig it out and throw away if you want to ?

Yes its yours do what you want with it.

Sorry to add my own question in this thread, but I'm going to be doing the DIU also soon (811 to a 211). I was just going to have them send me the 211 and swap it out myself, but will they have to come out to change any of my Dishes?

Right now I have a pair of Dish 500's to grab everything (including 61.5). Is a 1000 necessary?

Sorry to add my own question in this thread, but I'm going to be doing the DIU also soon (811 to a 211). I was just going to have them send me the 211 and swap it out myself, but will they have to come out to change any of my Dishes?

Right now I have a pair of Dish 500's to grab everything (including 61.5). Is a 1000 necessary?
Nope, you are in good shape with your 2 D500's.

The dish was mounted on the roof and the installer didn't mention it at all. We didn't even notice it was still there till the next day when we saw it on the ground. I guess we will save it for future use.
Can we get the two LNB attachment for the dish and use it for FTA signals or will they only work to pick up 110 and 119?

Except for AMC4 @ 101w, a Dish500 is to small to get FTA Signals. Only signals you can get in North America are

Dish Network
61.5/110/119/129/148

Bell Expressvu
82/91

DirecTV
72.5/101/110/119

In theory, you could also get 138.5 but there is nothing there at this time.

The guy should at least leave the LNBs attached instead of raping the dish and leaving the less desirables behind. It all goes or it all stays.

The guy should at least leave the LNBs attached instead of raping the dish and leaving the less desirables behind. It all goes or it all stays.

The lnd has to be returned if the customer is upgrading to a 1000+ or a 1000.2, If dish doesn not receive the old lnb the office isnt paid on the job or the parts used in the upgrade.

I leave the dish in the yard, after I take the lnb :D

We just did the DIU upgrade and got the 1000 dish to replace our 500. The installer took the things off the dish but left the dish in the yard. Is this usual? Is the dish now ours? Can we buy those things on the end and put it back up to pick up other sats? Is there anything else we can use the dish for? Thanks.
OI leave the with the customer. It is the property of the customer. Dish does not want hem back. We MUST take the LNB . We are responsible for sending that back to DISH for payment on the job.
If I take the dish that means I am responsible for disposing of it. I have limted space in my garage and I am not about ot make room for other people's trash.
Yes you can keep the dish for other uses if you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)