Installer Pay for wireless clients?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

InHouse

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Midwest
Has there been any confirmation as to what we get paid to install these or if we even get paid and how much?

Well, my installer had it working in 5 minutes.... so, I can't imagine them paying a whole lot....

All depends on your market. Ours is 45 for the dish and genie, $15 for the wireless bridge, and $5 for each client which is complete crap IMO. 2/5 installs are not "easy go". Most techs talk people out of them. Too many issues still with them and let's face it, a wired connection is always better

All depends on your market. Ours is 45 for the dish and genie, $15 for the wireless bridge, and $5 for each client which is complete crap IMO. 2/5 installs are not "easy go". Most techs talk people out of them. Too many issues still with them and let's face it, a wired connection is always better

I would take a HR24 over a client ANY DAY of the week.

Have been wondering about this. Haven't ordered any of the wireless clients yet & don't believe I will be anytime soon.

Have been wondering about this. Haven't ordered any of the wireless clients yet & don't believe I will be anytime soon.

Then again, I'm told that the ATT wireless set up works very well.

AT&T is the one to blame that started all this wireless receiver crap.

I don't really get what the big deal is. The tech comes to your house and wires everything for free anyways.

I forget the last time there has been a tv that was impossible to run a wire to.

I don't really get what the big deal is. The tech comes to your house and wires everything for free anyways.

I forget the last time there has been a tv that was impossible to run a wire to.
Many times people don't want wires ran all over the place.

Jimbo or anyone else,

Have you seen the new Direc tv commercials?
Wired puppets?
Hysterical!!!

Much better than the Hoppa Commercials.
Could not stand them!

If I have, I have tuned them out, like I do with most commercials these days, or skipped thru them ...
If they are good, I'll have to pay attention next time I see them come on.

The advantage of a wireless setup would be easy installation if you wanted to move the device to another room or around the same room. Would not have to worry about the coax wire. Hardwired is always the best though. If the company pays less to the techs as a result of this wireless technology then that would make up for their cost of the wireless feature.

Too many issues still with them and let's face it, a wired connection is always better

Then again, I'm told that the ATT wireless set up works very well.

I have three C41W's in the house, two C41W-100's and a C41W-500 and they're all working just fine. The boxes are showing connection speeds in the >400Mbps range.

Yes, I agree wired is better when possible, no argument. However I got rid of all my wired clients just because I got tired of seeing a coax cable running along the base board from where the outlet is to where the TV is. Would it be possible to pull a coax to exactly where I wanted it, yea but the house didn't come that way and didn't feel like paying someone to do it.

I guess there aren't if any slab built houses in your area.
They comprise about half of all homes built here since the early 90's

Hsp rate.. 3/4/5 per client depending on color. Bridge pays around 13 bucks. Idk what low or high rate are as I got dropped a code before these came out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)