Installer put the HR24 and H24 on the wrong TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I only have 2 TVs 1 is HD the other isnt
so i moved HR24 along with deca box (at least that what i think it is) to the other tv and it complained that satelite failed, then i removed the deca box and it worked
I havent tested the other tv because my SD tv only has coax inputs and of course the H24 doesnt do coax
is there any problems with my setup?
is this deca box only for PPV?
and yes i do have whole home DVR

Last edited:
Not really sure what you are trying to say, but the best way to fix your situation is put everything back exactly the way it was.

Now, unplug everything from the back of the receivers and swap only the receivers around.
Only the receivers, leaving all other cabling with the TV's etc.

Umm... am I missing something? Neither the H24 nor HR24 has RF (coax) outputs (at least mine don't) but there are 2 sat inputs - maybe the OP was mistakenly connecting one of the sat inputs to the TV?

If MRV is turned on, it really doesn't matter what tuner is connected to which TV.

Last edited:
This is correct, neither receiver has coax out.
In fact, no D* HD receiver has a coax out
Nor doe the R22 (standard DVR) but that was originally an HD/DVR.

Minimum out on any 20 series or newer in A/V.
If all your TV has is coax in then you either need to buy an RF modulator or a new TV.

with whole home dvr, can you access the todo list on the H24?
and there is serious lag when using the H24 to access recorded stuff

I guess I was really asking if the splitter (the one that is outside in the house junction box) from dtv has different channels for cable signals and for the DECA signal

I only have 2 TVs 1 is HD the other isnt
so i moved HR24 along with deca box (at least that what i think it is) to the other tv and it complained that satelite failed, then i removed the deca box and it worked
I havent tested the other tv because my SD tv only has coax inputs and of course the H24 doesnt do coax
is there any problems with my setup?
is this deca box only for PPV?
and yes i do have whole home DVR

That black box is probably the power inserter, and it needs to stay where it is. A DECA would not be needed with either the H24 or the HR24 as it is already built in. A BroadBand DECA would not belocated behind a receiver, it would be at your internet router.

with whole home dvr, can you access the todo list on the H24?
and there is serious lag when using the H24 to access recorded stuff

I guess I was really asking if the splitter (the one that is outside in the house junction box) from dtv has different channels for cable signals and for the DECA signal

I don't belive that you can access the to do list for the H24 on the MRV system. Also it takes a few seconds for a recorded show to start from the H24.

Like I said, put everything back exactly the way it was when the installer left.

Then unplug all cables from the receiver and move ONLY the receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.