New Receiver Suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

luisortega

Original poster
May 7, 2010
Iowa
We have an HR23 in the living room as well as 3 D12's. I want to upgrade the HR23 to an HR24 and replace a D12 with the HR23, is it as simple as just swapping them out and having them activated? The HR23 now is connected with a SWM and the house is already wired for CAT5.

From what I understand this resets the contract another 2 years? I've tried but can't get any deals from Directv, plus they wanted to charge $49 for installation. If I went with just an H24 I know I can watch the HR23's recordings but can I set it to record too?

First off, :welcome to Satelliteguys!

It is as simple as moving the HR23 to where the D12 is and putting the HR24 where the 23 is. You are right, it will give you a new 2 year commitment. I'm not sure about your last question since I don't have mrv myself.

If your asking if you can set a H24 to record. Than no you can not. The MRV is only for you to view your recordings from the dvr to your standard hd receiver.

Assuming the dish is pointed properly then yes it is plug and play.

Assuming all SWM components are "Green Label" then yes all you have to do is have them activate MRV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts