Installer said "You can download movies to a USB drive!"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doctorg

Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
Michigan
Another post from your newest noobie fellas...

My installer set up my DirecTV flawlessly and then went on to tell me all about the DVR and OnDemand experience. He stated that when you record something or download an OnDemand movie/show that you "own it." Yup, he used those words. He then went on to say that you could place those recordings onto a USB jump drive and transfer them to your computer for portable viewing....

I am not a technological noobie, just a satellite TV noobie, so I thought this sounded fishy...

So, after reading through the posts on this site, I have come to realize that the USB port on the front of my HR22 box is useless...correct??

Was this guy just totally misinformed and blowing smoke up my %$@???

Thanks everyone!

You should have recorded a few minutes of something then asked him to show you how to transfer it to a USB drive and save it to a laptop. :D

For now, the only use for the usb connection is as a power source.

Doesn't D* have a mobile player like e* does? Dish had a device that would down load movies from a DVR via a USB port into a box that had 7 inch screen. I thought D* had a similar device

here's a link for the directv device

Humax DIRECTV 2Go portable media player

Yeah Dish had the pocket dish.. But you couldn't transfer anything to a PC.. You could only watch it from the device. Mine got delegated to the drawer of non use, unless I need a portable hard drive.

Another "highly qualified" DirecTV installer. In all our years of DirecTV service, we have only had one guy who knew what he was doing and had good product knowledge. He was a custom installer that we paid, because we did not trust anything in our new house to the idiots from D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts