Installer took my LNB's

And when you do get your new lnbf in exchange for your old lnbf, it belongs to Dish Network now. They will expect it back or you will pay for them.

Dish has always had a policy of taking the lnbf's and switch's on upgrades and yes this is an actual policy and not some made up bunk. When ever I did an upgrade if the customer asked for either part then I would oblige and leave it with him/her and note it on my paperwork. It is the responsibility of the csr to tell the customer ( in this case the resolution department member ) to inform the customer that the tech would be collecting the lnbfs and switches that would be taken out.

legacy equip can't be used for anything,dpp plus is the latest tecnology,if you have enough of the old legacy stuff, I guess you could sell it to a third world country. gee get over it

legacy equip can't be used for anything,dpp plus is the latest tecnology,if you have enough of the old legacy stuff, I guess you could sell it to a third world country. gee get over it

For once I agree with dolaman. Why make a fuss over legacy lnbs? If someone asked me for an LNB I took, I'd just pack up 2 or 3 old LNBs and ship it (in case one doesn't work and they make accusations). I used to happily collect as much legacy equipment as I could... until my van began to overflow with the excess. I'm sure you can get free legacy crap off freecycle or craigslist. That is, if people even bother. Most just toss it in the trash.

DishPro is a different matter...

It says on a dish"n it up promotion agreement that "In the event that DISH network provides you with one or more LNBF's pursuant to the terms and conditioins of this agreement in exchange for one or more LNBFs previously sold or otherwise provided to you by DISH Network, you agree to return any and all such previously-provided LNBFs to Dish network in exchange for one or more replacement LNBFs provided pursuant to the terms and conditions of this agreement."
"previously-provided LNBFs" refers to LNBFs that were previously provided by DishNetwork. If I, as an individual provide my own LNBFs that I purchased, then I don't think that they can call them "previously-provided". I suppose they are, but they are provided by me, not them.

What's funny is that the lnbf's are like rocks, you can pick them up almost anywhere for almost nothing. So why do they bother taking them?

It's also funny that this is so inconsistently done. They did the same thing to me at one point (didn't bother me since I had no use for them), but then they turn around and tell my in-laws that that my they are responsible for disposing of their own leased receivers and dish/lnbfs. The in-laws have 3 dishes on their house because neither DirectTV nor Dish would take their equipment back, and they have 2 previously leased dish receivers and 2 previously leased direcTV receivers in a stack in the closet. They just upgraded to another dish unit, and got a 3rd dish installed and another receiver, but the guy didn't want to take their old stuff, even after they asked nicely for him to get rid of it for them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)