Installer took my LNB's

uhf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Iowa
Just did the Dish N It Up and the install was yesterday. I previously owned all of my equipment. The installer put in a 1000.2 Dish and left the Dish500 reflector, and the SW64, but he took both of my legacy LNB's. He never mentioned that he was taking them. When I noticed they were gone later in the day I called to ask about it and he said they have to send them back to Dish.

Does anyone know if this is right? Why would Dish want two old legacy LNB's back? Especially when I purchased both of them, one in 1997 when I paid $499 for a dual LNB system, and the other as part of the Dish500 upgrade when they originally started using the 110 sat.

A while back Dish made us dealers mad when they told us why we get paid so little for dish upgrades.. Their reasoning was that in addition to the money we get we were supposed to keep all dishes and Lnb's that the took off houses as part of our pay.. Never did understand that as there really was no value to the stuff we retrieved from the field.. I started out bringing the junk home till it started cluttering up all around me, and then just started telling customers to throw it in the trash..

in addition to the money we get we were supposed to keep all dishes and Lnb's that the took off houses as part of our pay

I was surprised that he didn't want the SW64. At one time those things were expensive. Maybe they are mostly useless these days.

If it is Dish's policy to take customer owned equipment then they need to tell the customer that up front.

As far as I am concerned, the LNB's are now stolen property since I never gave permission for them to be taken.

... I called to ask about it and he said they have to send them back to Dish.
Lease, lease, lease.... That's all they think, it would seem. Call them back and tell them you bought those items many years ago and they are yours, not Dish's. Offer to pick them up if they're not out of your way or politely (for now) insist that they return them in a reasonable timeframe.

I did tell them they are mine, that I bought them. The dealer is 50 miles away so I am not going to pick them up.

I left a voicemail for my contact at the CEO office who placed my order for the upgrade. I'm sure it will be straightened out, but it seems to me that if the policy is to take any owned equipment they need to be clear about that up front. The work order did show that all customer equipment was owned.

I also find it funny that Dish is sending me a box to return one of my receivers for a $10 credit. I think I'll pass on that, even my old 4900 has to be worth more than $10!

When I had an installer out last August, he had been told to take all of my equipment, whether I owned it or not. Said that surrendering my equipment was part of the contract that I had agreed to.

But when he looked at my stuff, old legacy LNBs and SW21 switches, he had no interest in them at all. And since I went out and did the replacement LNB install on my dish while he activated my receiver, when I finished, he just left all of the stuff.

"I also find it funny that Dish is sending me a box to return one of my receivers for a $10 credit. I think I'll pass on that, even my old 4900 has to be worth more than $10!"

This is so funny! When I upgraded my 625 for my 622, the CSR offered me a whooping $10.00 for my receiver. Yeah right! I paid over $240.00 for it and I'm either selling it or might use it in the future.

"I also find it funny that Dish is sending me a box to return one of my receivers for a $10 credit. I think I'll pass on that, even my old 4900 has to be worth more than $10!"

This is so funny! When I upgraded my 625 for my 622, the CSR offered me a whooping $10.00 for my receiver. Yeah right! I paid over $240.00 for it and I'm either selling it or might use it in the future.

Sounds like that CSR needs to put down the crack pipe. a $10.00 credit for sending a owned 622.
OMG!

I also find it funny that Dish is sending me a box to return one of my receivers for a $10 credit.
Either file a police report, a smal claims court case, or both; and then put Dish's copy in the box and send it to them, keeping track of the tracking number. Then when they say they didn't get a copy, you can say they did and even paid for the shipping.:D
When I had an installer out last August, he had been told to take all of my equipment, whether I owned it or not.
Maybe they should start taking the first born and paying their way through college. Then the second born for upgrades.:D

the reason dish has to take them back is because they give u new equipment even though u bought it and they use the lnbf for prepaid stuff i would look at your agreement u signed before i would sue

The work orders don't actually show if the dish is actually owned or leased, just the receivers. Though one could well speculate that if the customer owns the receivers and they have an old account, they also own the dish.

And we installers catch it if we don't bring back the old LNBs and switches. Well at least at my location we do.

The next day I work, I'll have to take a look at the fine print in the Dish'n it up commitment/agreement to see what it says.

Sounds like that CSR needs to put down the crack pipe. a $10.00 credit for sending a owned 622.
OMG!

OMG, 10 dollars is standard, if you dont like it, don't send it back when the time comes. I tell all my customers to keep their receiver unless it doesnt work. 10 is nothing for these expensive receivers. Otherwise you could sell it for at least 50. Smoke on that.

OMG, 10 dollars is standard, if you dont like it, don't send it back when the time comes. I tell all my customers to keep their receiver unless it doesnt work. 10 is nothing for these expensive receivers. Otherwise you could sell it for at least 50. Smoke on that.

I second that.

It says on a dish"n it up promotion agreement that "In the event that DISH network provides you with one or more LNBF's pursuant to the terms and conditioins of this agreement in exchange for one or more LNBFs previously sold or otherwise provided to you by DISH Network, you agree to return any and all such previously-provided LNBFs to Dish network in exchange for one or more replacement LNBFs provided pursuant to the terms and conditions of this agreement."

so i think that sums its up thats why dish takes them back

Regardless of how they were come by, if the LNBs are an active part of the system that's going to be upgraded, you bet that I have to take them back. Otherwise Dish can and will backcharge me for the amount of the old LNB

Guess its time to "Dish'n it Out" instead of "Dish'n it Up"!:D

And one of those Dish Advantage fly-by-night papers says at the beginning, "All Equipment Remains the Property of Dish." So next they be won'ten the owner owned 622's.:eek:
you agree to return any and all such previously-provided LNBFs to Dish network in exchange for one or more replacement LNBFs provided pursuant to the terms and conditions of this agreement."
Does exchange mean that the new ones now belong to the customer.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)