Talk about being confused

jpw711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Springfield MO Area
Hope somebody can shed some light on this, the csr's in india can't:mad:

upgraded to dvr advantage and 622. Previously had Top 200 plan.

my new bill looks like

Current charges

dishnet local package 8.99
digital home advantage America's top 200 $42.99
Dish network dvr service fee $5.98
dish home protection plan $5.99
dishHD with 1 PREMIUM PACKAGE $30.

total 93.95

When I called to sign up for the upgrade, the U.S. CSR told me it would be 83.95. So I called to inquire, since I was not receiving hbo, cinemax, starz, or showtime, what's with the 1 premium package

I was told that if I wanted to receive the same channels that the top 200 had (ie hallmark and the encores) that was the top 250 now, or I could keep the top 200, and dishHD with 1 premium package, Or I could change to the top 250 with dish hd and it would be the same money.

I said wtf? and still do. Does this make any sense to anybody? I started 6 years ago with the 180 pack and it was still the 180 pack until last month.

Thanks for any help!

Joe

Do you have another DVR besides the 622 ? There should not be a separate DVR charge if you have only one.

AT180 is now called "AT250". DVR Advantage only includes "AT200". Adding AT250 to DVR Advantage is called a "Premium Package".

Also, your locals are included in DVR Advantage, and I haven't previously seen them costing $8.99, they should be $5.00.

PS The reps in India generally are no worse than the pre-outsourcing phone reps, and if they are tech reps, they are usually more knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I have the superstation pack also, ktla, wwor, denver, nyc, etc. Maybe that is the 8.99!

I wish the rep would have told me that 250 is the old 180, that would have cleared it up.

My only problem with India CSR's is the accent and fast talking, otherwise, very polite, and very professional.

Joe

But "DVR Advantage" includes locals and it includes the DVR fee.

Read the "DVR Advantage" thread in this forum for more specific details.

I'm in process of reading it, and I see your point. Before I upgraded, I had a 501 with no dvr fee, I still have the 501 and a new 622 that is leased. The DVR Advantage plan, as I read it, includes one dvr fee (for the 622) and should have no dvr fee for the 501, since I have never had one and I own it outright.

So I'm wondering if that is their terminology for a lease fee?

The $8.99 for locals appears bogus after review. My locals should be included with the advantage, and per Dish's website, the superstations are $5.99/month.

Comments?

Joe

It looks like you have a $10 discrepancy from what you were originally told.

There are so many plans, advertisements, etc..., I'm confused. But I kind of remember you could get 2 premiums for $XX.XX, or HD and 1 Premium for $XX.XX. I think $XX.XX = $20.00 on one promotion, but won't swear to it. :confused:

Also, I wonder if the $10 difference may be after you start receiving a $10 discount each month for x months. :eureka

I think the first rep only had me signed up for 200 without the premium pack added on. That would be the extra 10 bucks.

Really curious about the locals now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)