Installing 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. Have issue

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
We have an order with 2 hoppers and 4 joeys split between house and garage on same property with a loft. We are utilizing 2 dishes with 2 single nodes and we are not able to get the 2 joeys at the non sling location to authorize. Sling hopper and joeys fired up fine. Non sling hopper is fine. Bur both joeys at the non sling location will not authorize. We flipped it around thinking wiring might be an issue although all the wiring for both locations is visible and looks good. Still unable to get non sling joeys to authorize. Any ideas of what we may be doing wrong? We had them send hits again to no avail. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys installed without any problems. there are 2 Joeys linked to each hopper. One hopper has slong the other does not. Is this the same setup you have?

did the joey download software? And now it just won't do anything else..whats the moca showing red? Sounds like a bad hopper, works like a champ on its end but isn't sending anything out to the joey.

did the joey download software? And now it just won't do anything else..whats the moca showing red? Sounds like a bad hopper, works like a champ on its end but isn't sending anything out to the joey.

Yep, I've done 2 hopper installs where one of the 2 hoppers won't download the client software and so no joeys can link to it.

Go to Menu>Settings>Network Setup>Tests>View Counters on the Hopper with the issue and check if there is a client ID.

Yep, I've done 2 hopper installs where one of the 2 hoppers won't download the client software and so no joeys can link to it.

Go to Menu>Settings>Network Setup>Tests>View Counters on the Hopper with the issue and check if there is a client ID.

I'm tempted to run a factory reset next time I get one and I have the time to run it to see if a new download forced will fix it but who knows. Normally just easier if you have a extra box to replace it and go on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts