Installing 322 on Legacy System

mrbrocks

Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
I need some advice.
I have a really old dish 500 system purchased in 1999. It has 4, RG6 cables running to a SW64 and feeds 3 receivers (2 - 301s, and a 2700).
I want to remove the 2700 and add a 322. Will this 322 receiver work with my old dish 500 legacy system?
When I called Dish to activate the receiver they said the 322 would not recognize my SW64. They had me hook up the receiver to the dish without running the signal through the SW64 and run a check switch. They then had me hook the SW64 back up and run another check switch. This still did not solve the problem. I need help!
I thought I would ask the experts before calling back the Dish tech support amateurs.
Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The SW64 is not the best switch. They are very problematic and very spotty when hooking up DishPro receivers. I would suggest removing the SW64 and legacy LNBF's. Replace them with DP LNBF's and a DP 34 if your looking at 3 orbital slots or a DP Quad for 2 orbital slots. Since you are removing the legacy receiver, the legacy switch won't be needed any longer. But, you will need to run 2 lines from any switch (unless you use a DP Plus LNBF or switch) to the 322! Any time I encounter a Legacy switch with all DP receivers, I swap out for DishPro every time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)