installing a 6 foot dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
what is the minimum distance a tree can be on front of the dish
and a garage and how hight should i put the dish in other words how tall should the pole be

Well my neighbors planted trees in their back yard, now my dish is 14' off of the ground:mad: But I put it next to the house so I climb on the roof, swing the dish around and work on it.
Terry

It depends on your location, the satellite(s) you're trying to receive, and the height of the tree(s) in question.

I have a 20' tree that is about 15' or so in front of my 10' and 4' dishes, but since my lattitude is around 30 degrees and the tree is due south it doesn't really interfere with my reception. The 10' dish is about 8 feet off the ground and my 4' is about 6 feet off the ground.

You can try using dish pointer...it has a tool that allows you to judge whether an obsticle's height will pose a problem.

Good advice, what I did to decide how high to go with my dish was got a cheep angle finder, found the angle for the sats at my location then used the angle finder to sight off of, added more space for future growth and put in the dish.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts