Installing Dish Eastern Arc Dish without a meter

raub

Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
USA
Hi,
I would like to know if I can install Dish
Eastern Arc Dish (1000.4) without meter to receiver vip 222. I had to move it because of safety reasons. I appreciate any help I can get. I read the instructions that came with the dish. But they keep mentioning the use of a meter. I installed super dish before without a meter. Thank you in advance for any details.

Last edited:
Internal meter

Hi,
I would like to know if I can install Dish
Eastern Arc Dish (1000.4) without meter to receiver vip 222. I had to move it because of safety reasons. I appreciate any help I can get. I read the instructions that came with the dish. But they keep mentioning the use of a meter. I installed super dish before without a meter. Thank you in advance for any details.

You will at the least need to use the internal meter of the receiver. There is no way to peak a 3 sat dish w/o aome sort of meter.

You will at the least need to use the internal meter of the receiver. There is no way to peak a 3 sat dish w/o aome sort of meter.
Thanks for your answer. That s what I meant. I can use the internal meter of the receiver to install the dish. Is there any tips for this method? Thanks again

I definitely recommend the little $20 meter from dishstore.net. My dishes are on my tugboat in Seattle. I have to repoint my dishes from time to time due to fuel usage, dock movement, and traveling to other locations.

With the meter, I can repoint without ever going below decks to look at the TV. I adjust the dish for the loudest signal, turn down the gain on the meter, adjust the dish slightly for the loudest signal, turn down the gain on the meter, adjust the dish very slightly for the loudest signal, and I'm done.

I used to repoint using the display on the TV, but this is MUCH easier. My neighbor on the other side of the dock also has the meter, and he loves it.

You can do the deed without a meter, but unless you know the precise elevation from experience, it can be very time consuming.

If you're going to use the internal meter, you'll need a display at the dish that is connected to your receiver. Fortunately, DISH includes RF modulators on all of their receivers.

I use one of the receiver powered <$20 models to get the azimuth and elevation close and then use the internal meter from there by turning my audio receiver to "deafening" and listening for the changes in pitch.

The internal meter isn't a fast reacting meter.

I definitely recommend the little $20 meter from dishstore.net. My dishes are on my tugboat in Seattle. I have to repoint my dishes from time to time due to fuel usage, dock movement, and traveling to other locations.

With the meter, I can repoint without ever going below decks to look at the TV. I adjust the dish for the loudest signal, turn down the gain on the meter, adjust the dish slightly for the loudest signal, turn down the gain on the meter, adjust the dish very slightly for the loudest signal, and I'm done.

I used to repoint using the display on the TV, but this is MUCH easier. My neighbor on the other side of the dock also has the meter, and he loves it.

You can do the deed without a meter, but unless you know the precise elevation from experience, it can be very time consuming.

If you're going to use the internal meter, you'll need a display at the dish that is connected to your receiver. Fortunately, DISH includes RF modulators on all of their receivers.

I use one of the receiver powered <$20 models to get the azimuth and elevation close and then use the internal meter from there by turning my audio receiver to "deafening" and listening for the changes in pitch.

Thank you all for your tips and ideas. I really appreciate it. Thank you again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts