Installing DP44 switch without power inserter?

Drone35

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Amarillo,TX
Just installed a new DP44 switch using the DP Pro system and did not use the power inserter that came with the switch. I have 811,522 and 311, all recognized the DP 44 switch when test switch was run and system seems to be working fine. Is this right or do I need to use the inserter anyhow! My HD channels look real soft tonight don't know if this is because of the switch or just the trouble Dish has been having with the HD's. Any help would be great!

I have seen posts here of people saying it works ok without the inserter, but I had problems when I gave it a try on mine. I have no problems on mine with power inserter used. So my experience better to use then to not.

Well if you put a car at the top of the hill and give it a nudge it will move down the hill without actually running. Dont trust that it will work for long, its a strange flaw that Ive seen and heard about, theres no way to tell how long it will work without the power inserter plugged in so if you want to monitor the progress and keep us updated that would be great. I dont think you will have any damage issue's when it stops, all you should have to do is plug in the inserter and everything should come back up acordingly.

Maybe it is working because you have 3or4 outputs hooked up(not sure how you are feeding the 522). I wonder how well it would work with just the 311 hooked up? I have heard of this setup working also, but have never tried it.

Yea but my understanding is that it requires 1.5 amps to run, one of the installations that this bug came up on was a superdish install in Toledoe back in August. There was another bug unrelated to this one where 322's would not recognize the switch until it was downloaded. Yet another one is dpptwins that will work sometimes with the switch and other times wont work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)