installing/pointing an hd antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cprober

Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
AZ
I want to install an hd antenna on my mobile. I have one at home. D tells me the pointing is too dificult to do on my own. True? Any recs on which type of antenna I should buy? Where do I look to find the best procedure for pointing it? If I get a used receiver off ebay, do I need to get a ?B band plug in? Any recs re the used receivers on ebay?

I assume you mean a dish, not an antenna. Pointing a slimline is not too hard if you follow the directions that come with the dish. Like most jobs, the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

Getting a used receiver is a crapshoot. I would not do it. For a small charge, DirecTV will give you a new one. If it ever goes bad, you can get a replacement for twenty bucks.

Some receivers need the B-band, some do not (it may be built in, depends on the receiver model). Again, if the receriver you get from them needs one, it will be included. If you need one and it was not there or goes bad, they will send you a new one for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)