IntelSat 11 @ 43W w/ 6 ft

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
Could not find the exact answer so decided to post. Now that the tree has no leaves at all I was hoping to finally be able to lock to this bird with the 6 ft Fortec. No problems with 58W and I can even get 3 TP's at 61W but those SATs has no tree in the middle. No luck with 45W but that one has even lower EIRP levels in Toronto and the edge of the tree.

I want to lock to the Televisa Nertworks DVB mux on 43W. Can anyone confirm a 6 ft without obstruction can do it (FEC 7/8) for this area. I even tried other TP's with 1/2 FEC and nada.

Last edited:
No one knows anything about this mux on 43W with a 6 footer?. Anyways I will give it another try this morning if weather permits.

I am using a 6 footer Fortec fixed postion here in Ft lauderdale, FL. Try getting
11956V 3125 FEc 3/4 which is the strongest channel on that sat, Televisa Chihuahua. If you are looking at Lyngsat I suspect some of the channels listed are not there anymore, or the footprint is not correct on Lyngsat.
I was able to lock the above channel with a +75 signal, but could not get 11995V and 12004V. This was last week, so I know 11956 shows.

Sorry I have a typo on the above lines. Crossed up my notes. All channels are KU, however from 12508 upwards are all beamed to Europe. If you are talking about 12610 Televisa Networks, that is beamed to Europe.
I can receive 11956 & 12050 here in the US. Using a 6 footer is harder/easier to miss the sats with. I get better reception using my 39 in Ku dish .

Thanks nycrich but I am talking 43W C band , Televisa Networks DVB mux on 3928H @ IS 11 (43.1W). They also have a DCII mux on the same bird. You being in Florida has better signal levels than me here in Canada but anyways any info is going to be helpful.

A lot of 7/8 fec's don't play well on a 6' dish at c band frequency. Thr carrier to noise is not usually high enough. But it is possible with some fine tuning you may get it.

Can someone post the strongest TP on IS 11 @ 43W on C-Band?. I can not lock to anything yet but I can see lots of signals on the Birdog's SA. 6 ft only and a tree without leaves in the way does not help but maybe with a strong TP info I can do something.

I have successfully gone as low as 34.5 in the sky on C-Band, but I haven't tried to lock that particular bird. Mike Kohl's page lists these frequencies as being on that bird too. He just updated his list a couple weeks ago. Maybe give some of these frequencies a try.

Right now I've got my actuator positioned so that I can pull in from 139 to about 61 West. I can't get the dish to reach over to 43 without loosening some bolts, or I'd give it a try for you.

Here are some freq's that Mike Kohl has listed. Maybe you can lock some of the 3/4 or 1/2 FEC signals.

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html <- Here's the list that Mike has for the Atlantic satellites..

Last edited:
Thanks Davage. I acctually even tried with Radio Netherland since FEC is only 1/2 but nothing. Now that I know it is still there, will try harder tomorrow. Will play with the LNB Skew more tomorrow.

The strongest sat chl on 43W Intelsat 11 is 3985V 1200 FEC3/4 for the Netherlands. However signal is weak (S67-69 on my Coolsat 4000)here in Ft Lauderdale that have a stronger foot print for my 6 foot dish. I cannot lock 3928H 13500 FEC 7/8 if that is what you are trying to get. Using my 6 footer I need higher signals for 7/8 FEC. usually S75 and above.
I'm currently viewing 40.5W and transponders with lower sig levels(less than S70) with FEC 7/8 will show, because of the circular polirization( using DMX741U w/insert). However linear signals I noticed need a higher Q for 7/8 FEC.(S75 and higher).
I clearly see why a bigger dish is needed for FEC 7/8. if the footprint is not strong and it being a linear sat. I experienced same issues with 55.5W trying to get 3940H FEC7/8 Cool TV (Mexico Travel Channel) which is a much stronger satellite.

Thanks, nycrich for all the info. I remeber S 67-69 is the minimum on Coolsat for 3/4 FEC signals, therefore I will aim the Dish at another bird then, since the 7/8 televisa signal was my main target and unlike you I am way up north here in Toronto. Besides I have a tree, without leaves now, in the way. Will try the circular 40.5W (also behind the same tree, yes I am masochist, lol) just for comparison and fun.

You should be able to get all the unscrabled signals on 40.5W. I have my 6 ft Fortec Polar mount tempoary pointing there. The strongest sig for pointing is 3803L 27500 3/4. There are some tp with 7/8 that will take a little while lock but you will be able to view it. There is less than 5 tp that I cannot get (3658R, 3746L, 3749L, 3982L, 4146L). Again I can get everything else, including scrambled(of couse I cannot view it, but for sig purposes). Surprisingly I can get MPEG-4 (3964R & 3966R) which registers the highest tp for the sat. However I would not try those yet until you lock MPEG2 sigs before.

The issue is not as much the signal seems lower its the adjacent satellite signals from the neighboring satellites that the 6' is seeing. The smaller the dish=more skyband wider beamwidth it has at a given frequency. A 6 ' dish sees 3 degrees of sky. Satellites are 2 degrees apart. You are getting unwanted noise from the other sats and it affects the high fec's first since there is less compensation for lost data with a high noise floor.

A 6' dish is an extraordinary ku dish but falls short on c band to some degree.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts