BSC421/Geosat CK1 compared

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Well let me paint the scenario of my latest problem...now solved! I had a Fortec 6 footer for my Cband stuff with a BSC421. I noticed over the summer that the signal wasn't as strong as it should be. I was barely able to keep several things above the threshold. Example ION Tv, RFD, and several things on 121W. Since Iceberg has the same dish I've got valuable info on what he's getting signal wise and compared it to my setup. The other day while watching a program on 103W the LNB BSC421 just quit! Nothing dead. So I called aaround and found a Geosat CK1. I hooked it up Tuesday and noticed a world of difference starting with 91West. KLUZ went from 71% to 82-84%. So I checked others on 91W and noticed a full everything was 5-10 points higher. Last night I tried 103W and same results 5-10 points. Finally got 121w stuff I was looking for too! Euronews, France 24, no Veria, Documentary is there but breaking up. Very satisfied though with the inmprovement. Question is....is the Geosat that much better than the BSC421? Or did I have a faulty BSC421 all along? Has anyone else had similar results? I had this problem for six months and thought it was trees in the way or that the six foot dish was'nt big enough...Here it was the LNB! Also I have the BSC421 on my 8.5 foot Paraclipse and I'm not getting the same stuff as I get on my 6 footer with the new LNB. The six footer now far surpasses the 8.5 Paraclipse. I might replace it with a Geosat as well. Hope this helps someone else who is having similiar issues. Thanks Blind:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)