Titanium Satellite CK1-S Repair

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I love seeing projects like this!!
Well I've come up with another fun project. I have a 20 year old Sony Home Theatre system, and was given an old Sony Direct TV Plus Digital Satellite Receiver SAT-B55, which matches my system. Since it can no longer be activated, I'm going to gut it, and put the parts of a cheap unbranded FTA receiver inside so that I'll have the looks of the old receiver with modern FTA receiver inside. And I'll have room to mount a hard drive for the PVR as well. Relocating the IR for the remote, the power LED, and recording LED will probably be the hardest part. I probably won't bother with the channel display, since I'll have on screen display, but may get an usb extension so that I'll be able to relocate the front USB port from the new receiver. Just have to decide where I can mount. I should be able to basically leave the FTA receiver intact, but will remove the top for better ventilation, and may have to trim off excess metal from the frame. Will post pictures once it's completed.

Please post photos. I would like to see that.

I had a late 40's, early 50's wooden TV cabinet I was going to put modern guts in. Lost it in a fire before I could do it.

Reactions: dsmith0429
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)