Intelsat 1R at 50°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
I was doing some searching, and I found TBN Enlace on 50W... 11051 V Symbol Rate 27902. Can anyone else verify that this is the correct satellite? I didn't even know there was anything there.

I was surprised to find anything on that satellite because I can't find this TP listed anywhere on any website.

I did a scan, and you're right. It came up with 99 channels. It looks like this contains the good cable channels in Spanish... all scrambled of course.

These encrypted services usually have a good EPG for many channels that are FTA on other satellites.

I am trying to get that Sat too. I brought a Claro TV box from El Salvador to see the local channels they have there. They do have TBN Enlace

It's there.
You need a universal lnb to see the four tps it has.
all V all 27900
coolsat 5000 I entered the tp info manually to aim,I get quality 93% on a 1meter dish in ct.
Scanned for channels,no channels found.I assume s2?
Hooked up the openbox and did a blindscan,it found those tp's and the 99 channels.
Probably irdeto2 encrypted,at least I was able to see an epg on the openbox.
openbox quality was 76%

on my fixed dish I mark the mounting pole whenever I find a sat,so 50w is anther mark to add.
I have an old label maker I make labels with the sat degrees and elevation,I stick on the back of the dish for rapid re-aiming.

the old coolsat would tell you the type of encryption on encrypted non s2 channels,I miss that feature.
I like to know what I am being teased with.

n2

the old coolsat would tell you the type of encryption on encrypted non s2 channels,I miss that feature.
I like to know what I am being teased with.

some old posts from last year on spanish sites say the channels are n2
Some of the channels they listed are no longer there,like the networks.

I notified Sathint, and they now have it listed. They actually already had that TP listed, except there wasn’t anything free and clear. However, they’re showing that TP as a South American footprint, and that’s not true if I’m getting it in Ohio.

Ok, Question. Since I already have a 2.5 meter dish pointing to 58W for Sky Mexico. Would it be better to buy a signal meter to locate 50W or I can just locate it by moving the antenna a bit? I saw in Dishpointer were I have to move it; it is not a big diference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)