Intelsat 21 @ 58W Al Jazeera

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There's a long thread in the main ku-band forum on its loss from Galaxy 19.

The reason is the same: Al Jazeera America launched in the US this week and AJE was taken off FTA systems at the insistence of US cable operators.

Unfortunately, you're part of the "collateral damage" of this decision as you have no access to AJE via satellite anymore and no way to subscribe to AJA.

Anybody know what happened to the Al Jazeera broadcast on 58W ?
Can't get it any more.
Has it moved ?

Thanks !

Hi Vixens, nice to see you in this area now.

As per comment above Al Jazeera is not available anymore on FTA in the Americas.
The video stream on internet has been blocked only in the US, so you could have that option,
Unfortunately it´s not available on Shaw.

Hi Vixens, nice to see you in this area now.

As per comment above Al Jazeera is not available anymore on FTA in the Americas.
The video stream on internet has been blocked only in the US, so you could have that option,
Unfortunately it´s not available on Shaw.

?What about 121W on C band?

?What about 121W on C band?

I hope someone else can verify this but, this was posted yesterday in another forum:

"That one disappeared from Galaxy 23 over a year ago, last I checked. Lyngsat never got around to updating it... probably because I forgot to tell them :O
Then I had to get rid of my c-band dish, so can't say for sure now... "

Could somebody please check/verify Al Jazerra on 121W. I checked Lyngsat and that was were I got the info from but can't verify it with my C band dish at the moment. Any help would sure be appreciated.
?

That would be nice to hear if it is. My big dish won't flop down to 30w to check.

Don't even bother! There is no AJE beam on 30.0°W for the Americas. Moreover 30.0°W is an only KU satellite, no C-band transponders on it. I have a dedicated dish on that satellite for 2yrs and there hasn'nt been AJazeera English there at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)